systems Engineer III
Systems Engineer III with proven ability to work in a team environment with other systems and network engineers to design, implement, and manage complex infrastructure solutions in a multi-national organization.
The incumbent will be responsible for planning, designing and supporting the systems infrastructure, including but not limited to physical and virtual servers, backup systems, and all data center system infrastructure technologies. The ideal candidate must be able to work closely with architects, engineers, vendors, and customer-facing teams to design, build and maintain highly available production environments. A highly disciplined and methodical approach to all tasks is essential to the position. The incumbent is also expected to perform the essential duties with little or no supervision, anticipating and planning for all possible outcomes based on actions taken. This position requires hands-on, practical experience.
Candidate should possess an expert level experience with systems and storage administration. Must have strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, while working with current and emerging technologies. Must be able to manage very dynamic environments and have the ability to adapt quickly to technology changes at a moment's notice to provide quick, detailed solutions with little or no supervision.
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #15 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2016. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Manage large server farms using OU's, GPO's and/or PowerShell scripts to drive server behavior
- Support the maintenance of server inventory and server profile systems with regard to CMDB & ITIL characteristics
- Provide tier-III support for VMWare, Windows & Linux servers
- Perform software installs - deployment, configuration, documentation, and knowledge transfer
- Perform all duties in full compliance with SOX and ISO 27001 protocols
- Problem resolution and server delivery activities are conducted within SLA targets
- Maintain and support all adds, moves, and changes to the environments
- Accountable to provide sound problem determination and resolution, document methodologies, knowledge of server/data center management, execute hardware and software installations, and performance tuning and recovery.
- Support peers with the design and management of complex technical projects
- Recommend technical solutions based on detailed vendor product analysis
- Provide clear, consistent, and accurate documentation
- Work is primarily performed between 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday – Friday, with "on-call" as all environments are expected to operate 24x7
- Will be expected to work on projects outside normal working hours
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent related experience
- Minimum of 6 years' experience as a system engineer in complex systems environments
- Proven ability to provide clear and consistent documentation with attention to detail
- Previous work experience following change management procedures
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Expertise or advance knowledge of:
- VMware ESXi vSphere hypervisor, HA, DRS, VMotion, resource pools, snapshots, SRM, VSAN
- VMware Horizon View
- Hyper Converged Infrastructure architectures
- Dell blade chassis configuration and management
- Cisco UCS B Series Hardware and UCS Management
- Out-of-Band Management (DRAC, CIMC)
- Cohesity hyper converged backup system
- NAS/SAN configuration and administration
- Microsoft Windows internetworking and troubleshooting
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012 platforms
- Patch Management and reporting i.e. SCCM/WSUS/SCOM
- Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP
- Solarwinds Orion Server and Application Monitor
- Solarwinds Orion Network Monitor
- Self-motivated and capable of working effectively without supervision
- Exceptional written & communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem-solving expertise
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Detail oriented
- Entry level knowledge of:
- Linux OS administration
- Solarwinds Orion IP Address Manager
- Solarwinds Orion Virtualization Manager
- Solarwinds Orion Storage Manager
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- Virtualization - VMWare vSphere – VCP certified or relevant work experience is a plus
- Compute – Cisco UCS Blade servers – DCUCI certified or relevant work experience is a plus
- Will be expected to travel 20-30% to various office/data center locations
- Will be required to travel outside of the US and will require a valid passport
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top