systems Engineer III
Systems Engineer III with proven ability to work in a team environment with other systems and network engineers to design, implement, and manage complex infrastructure solutions in a multi-national organization.
The incumbent will be responsible for planning, designing and supporting the VMWare and windows infrastructure. The ideal candidate must be able to work closely with architects, engineers, vendors, and customer-facing teams to design, build and maintain highly available production environments. A highly disciplined and methodical approach to all tasks is essential to the position. The incumbent is also expected to perform the essential duties with little or no supervision, anticipating and planning for all possible outcomes based on actions taken. This position requires hands-on, practical experience.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- VMware technology roadmaps, implementation and administration. Lead system design improvements and performance enhancements. Provide Tier 3 support for VMware environment. Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide root cause analysis, involve the appropriate resources as needed.
- Provide tier-III support for VMWare, Windows, Linux servers & SolidFire Storage appliances.
- Perform all duties in full compliance with SOX and ISO 27001 protocols
- Work is primarily performed between 8:30am – 5:30pm, Monday – Friday, with "on-call" as all environments are expected to operate 24x7
- Will be expected to work on projects outside normal working hours
- Requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent related experience
- Minimum of 6 years' experience as a system engineer in complex systems environments
- Proven ability to provide clear and consistent documentation with attention to detail
- Previous work experience following change management procedures
- Ability to operate in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Expertise or advance knowledge of:
- VMware ESXi vSphere hypervisor, HA, DRS, VMotion, resource pools, snapshots, SRM, VSAN
- VMware Horizon View
- Hyper Converged Infrastructure architectures
- Cisco UCS B Series Hardware and UCS Management
- Cohesity hyper converged backup system
- Microsoft Windows internetworking and troubleshooting
- Windows Server 2008 and 2012 platforms
- Patch Management and reporting i.e. SCCM/WSUS/SCOM
- Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP
- Entry level knowledge of:
- Linux OS administration
- Solarwinds Orion IP Address Manager
- Solarwinds Orion Virtualization Manager
- Solarwinds Orion Storage Manager
- Self-motivated and capable of working effectively without supervision
- Exceptional written & communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Problem-solving expertise
- Multi-tasking abilities
- Detail oriented
- Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent Bachelor's degree in relevant field.
- Virtualization - VMWare vSphere – VCAP/VCIX/VCDX certification required
- Microsoft Certified Solution Expert – Windows 2016 Server.
- Compute – Cisco UCS Blade servers – DCUCI certified
- Will be expected to travel 20-30%
- Will be required to travel outside of the US and will require a valid passport
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top