Supervisor Of Financial Compliance
Ultimate Software is seeking a Supervisor of Financial Compliance to assist the Senior Manager of Financial Compliance with all aspects of the Company’s Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) program, including identification of financial reporting risks, assessment of processes, and analysis of control activities. This position will review data and documentation on internal controls over financial reporting, along with assessing activity to support testing internal controls. This position interacts with external auditors, as needed. This position includes the responsibility of managing two staff professionals within the Financial Compliance team.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership working with cross-functional departments to implement, enhance, and maintain controls
- Assessing the effectiveness of internal controls over key financial risks
- Assist other team members in the preparation of narratives, flowcharts and walkthroughs
- Evaluate new processes and initiatives (including systems, applications, and changes in procedures) for implications on ICFR and recommending actions to enhance controls
- Identifying and recommending enhancement to strengthen internal controls and operational efficiencies
- Gain a deep understanding of the business process activities and flow of data to identify risks within the process to then further evaluate if identify control activities are designed appropriately
- Assist the Senior Manager in discussing key issues with the leadership team within Accounting, Finance and external auditors as it relates to SOX
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- No less than 8 years’ experience in related field (e.g., internal audit, external audit, accounting, etc.)
- Working knowledge of GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley, including an understanding of general IT control areas
- CPA or CIA license preferred
- Experience in successfully leading and managing people
- Experience in creating assessment/audit programs
- Effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skill in presenting findings and recommendations
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contactors/auditors, and to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to attend to details while working on multiple projects
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic
- Software and/or private industry experience preferred
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Visio
- Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Rapid Response Professional
DeAndrea provides support to customers in need of assistance with pay services, human resources, and employment databases—and also helps troubleshoot any problems implementing the software.
Back to top