STAFF ACCOUNTANT – FINANCIAL REPORTING (SCC Filing exp)
The Staff Accountant – Financial Reporting position assists the financial reporting team with all internal and external reporting requirements of the Company including all filings with the SCC. This position also assists the financial reporting team with the administration and management of the Company's equity compensation plan.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Assist in the preparation the monthly close of our financial statements for internal reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of the external reporting documents to be filed with the SEC on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Assist in the preparation and distribution of schedules for the quarterly reviews and annual audit by the external auditors.
- Ensure internal control processes are followed and documents are maintained for control testing and audit purposes.
- Responsible for administering our equity compensation plan including processing transactions for employees, initiating new equity grants for new hires and interact with employees for questions and/or issues they have regarding their equity grants.
- Using the employee stock database, create monthly and quarterly equity reports for internal reconciliations and reporting and external reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of all Section 16 filings.
- Assist with technical research as it relates to SEC guidance and requirements.
- Assist with any special projects.
- 2 to 3 years' experience
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong Excel skills including lookups, pivots, etc.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to handle time-sensitive assignments
- Able to work under tight deadlines
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Public/private accounting experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA Preferred (or in process of obtaining
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top