Sr. Strategy Manager, Customer Learning Experience
Founded in 1990, Ultimate Software is a leading cloud provider of people management solutions. Ultimate’s passion for excellence and focus on people exemplifies a unique corporate culture you won’t find anywhere else. Our company’s UltiPro solution provides a comprehensive approach to managing the employee life cycle, from recruitment to retirement. We’re dedicated to delivering high quality software and services for human capital management. We are passionate about continuing to get better. We have the happiest employees and 98% customer retention.
Ultimate Software is seeking a unique and strategic individual to join the Knowledge Services organization, with a focus on innovation in the arena of the Customer Learning Experience. At Ultimate, we believe in People First, always. We care deeply about our customers and in creating a rich educational environment designed to ensure that the employees of our customers have the tools and knowledge they need to be successful. This candidate will be an ambassador of that brand, extending our Ulti-Excellence culture of delighting our customers at every juncture.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Reporting to the Senior Director of Knowledge Services, the Senior Manager for the Customer Learning Experience is a pivotal role for the success and effectiveness of the entire organization as we scale to our next level and firmly take the helm as the industry leader in this space. The successful candidate must have a burning desire for transformation and creating a world class, cutting edge, SaaS-based learning organization that deepens our relationships with our customers and makes their utilization of UltiPro simpler, more effective, ultimately enabling the customers we touch through education to become true assets to their overall company’s people functions.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished, high energy, effective leader with a proven track record of working collaboratively and independently to help a world class organization increase its success and market leadership. The preferred candidate will be recognized in the industry as someone who can execute and innovate in the learning community.
As a member of Ultimate Software’s Knowledge Services organization, this Senior Manager is accountable to establish and execute the overall strategy for innovation in the customer learning experience. The results of this work complement and improve Ultimate Software’s overall customer onboarding experience. In the execution of this responsibility the Senior Manager collaborates with leaders across Services, Product Development and Information Services teams, working with peer leaders in the Knowledge Services organization to identify, develop and deliver customer learning programs for UltiPro® using methods that meet the business requirements of the organization.
- Operate with the goal of building customer loyalty and customers for life.
- Deliver a world class customer focused learning experience for our customers, with the goal of continuing to make it even easier to work with US.
- Drive value for our customers by implementing new features, providing recommendations, and developing a personalized understanding of what each customer needs.
- Define, develop and implement learning strategies, plans and processes to support organization goals.
- Articulate evolving priorities for the business within a 3-5 year horizon.
- Manage relationships with key partners from Services and Product Development teams, as they are pivotal sources of product knowledge and learning requirements.
- Manage the resolution and response to training issues raised by company leaders or by customers.
- Supervise the staff of the Customer Learning Experience team.
- Position reports to: Sr. Director, Knowledge Services
- Supervision received: General direction with minimal oversight
- Supervisory authority: Manages 4-6 direct reports
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in software training design, development, or delivery
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with HCM products or services
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading large dispersed teams
- Strong written and verbal communication, listening, and presentation skills
- Able to communicate well with all areas of the company, and all levels of management
- Proven leadership with effective negotiation, interpersonal and partnering skills
- Excellent organizational, project planning, and time management skills
- Able to manage multiple projects and priorities under tight deadlines
- Experienced problem solver
- Strong, effective decision-maker
- Working knowledge of Agile Software Development practices
Education/Certification/License: Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Organizational Development, Adult Learning, Instructional Design or related field preferred, or a combination of education and experience in a related business discipline.
Travel Requirement: Frequent travel to Ultimate’s offices in the U.S. and Canada, and to other locations as needed to perform job duties
Back to top