Sr. Manager, Workforce Management Strategy And Operations (call Center)
Founded in 1990, Ultimate Software is a leading cloud provider of people management solutions. Ultimate's passion for excellence and focus on people exemplifies a unique corporate culture you won't find anywhere else. Our company's UltiPro solution provides a comprehensive approach to manage the employee life cycle, from recruitment to retirement. We're dedicated to delivering high quality software and services for human capital management.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2017 and #7 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Ultimate Software is looking for a Senior Manager, Workforce Planning and Operations for our growing organization.
The Senior Manager, Workforce Planning & Operations, is a member of the Customer Success Operations team. The position requires a seasoned professional with directly relevant experience in similar roles, an ability to flex between the strategic and the tactical and outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
The Senior Manager, Workforce Planning and Operations will focus on forecasting and planning the workforce across Customer Success to deliver excellent support for our customers. You will partner closely with a variety of teams including Customer Success, Finance, and Technology teams. You will create, analyze, and inform the tactical and strategic long-term forecasting and planning with insights and trends and prepare impactful analyses across all levels including senior executive consumption to steer key business decisions. This role requires an effective communicator who can work with business partners across all levels of the organization.
The ideal candidate is an accomplished and collaborative leader with a proven track record of success who maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in workforce management and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Produces accurate Long, Medium, and Short-Range Forecasts and reports on anticipated volume and capacity across all product lines. Analyze real time performance and identify opportunities to improve
- Build optimal short and long-term staffing plan for Customer Success by balancing between Customer Experience, Employee Experience, Operational Flexibility, and Cost Effectiveness
- Develops and implements contingency staffing models to mitigate capacity risks and provide capacity levers
- Directs the development of capacity attributes to ensure the use of trended call handling data is applied
- Coordinates with peer groups, and Managers to identify opportunities for service improvements and cost savings
- Representative with our CITS partners to ensure we have the latest and best in technology to support a world class organization
- Monitors and takes corrective action on financial and operational results
- Researches and recommends relevant vendor solutions
- Engages and coordinates leadership team in discussions to identify and implement improvement measures when performance is jeopardized
- Develop and implement comprehensive and consistent strategies, tools, and processes related to workforce planning and workload forecasting
- Collect, consolidate, and analyze operational data, including preparing internal reporting deliverables, analyzing trends & drivers, and explaining forecast vs. actual variances.
- Prepare and deliver periodic exec-level updates on status, insights and trends to help inform and guide critical business decisions
- Partner closely with multiple cross-functional teams to understand capacity, headcount, help build optimal long-term staffing plan, location strategy, Operations performance, volumes, arrival patterns, handling times and drivers into the long-term forecast
- Leverage and manage historical data from previous initiatives and pilots to develop educated assumptions for planned initiatives and future forecast periods
- Proactive advisory and consultative role regarding the optimization of call handling performance and associated impacts on the customers
- Lead Operational meetings with Management, to ensure everyone is proactively prepared
- Creates an environment that nurtures both individual achievement and team excellence through use of team based mgmt., recognition systems and shared objectives
- Extensive Experience in workforce management and planning, capacity planning, long-term forecasting and strategy
- Experience forecasting with WFM applications and working with call routing strategies
- Call Center Operations Experience
- High attention to detail with ability to synthesize information, metrics, and KPI’s from multiple sources and distill it in crisp, clear language appropriate for a variety of audiences including technology and business executives
- High level of adaptability and flexibility, with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a team-based environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and service-oriented
- Experience with researching and recommending relevant vendor solutions
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development, learning new skills, and taking on new challenges
- Expert computer skills and Microsoft Office applications including Outlook Email, Word and Advanced proficiency in Power Point and Excel. Tableau experience preferred
- Strong Analytical, Math, Reasoning and Investigative skills
- 5-7 years management experience with ability to influence and drive results or equivalent
- Knowledge of HRMS systems, Payroll and/or Human Resources is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Rapid Response Professional
DeAndrea provides support to customers in need of assistance with pay services, human resources, and employment databases—and also helps troubleshoot any problems implementing the software.
Back to top