Sr. Business Analyst
A Senior Business Analyst is part of our Products team and is responsible for exploring and creating the vision for new product capabilities. The Senior Business Analyst is a synthesizer who monitors customers and the market, researches and defines new capabilities and products to bring to market. Senior Business Analysts must collaborate across the organization, focusing on and balancing customer needs, market drivers, and development constraints. The Senior Business Analyst is a subject matter expert for customers and the organization in his/her product area.
This role is responsible for ideating, creating and validating business requirements that are viable and differentiated to support the organization's objectives. As new products evolve, Senior Business Analysts bridge the higher level "what" (requirements) and "why" (business value) into the detailed "what" (story writing), which then becomes the "how" (coding/prototyping), so that a requirement becomes reality. Collaboration, facilitation, leadership, coaching, and team building are skills required for Senior Business Analysts. A Senior Business Analyst operates as part of a triad, in partnership with the Development team (Engineers and QA) and User Experience/Design.
The Senior Business Analyst is an analytical thinker with deep domain knowledge and strong customer focus, who is responsible for translating business needs into more detailed requirements and delivery of successful enhancements and products. The Senior Business Analyst fosters a collaborative environment and values the strengths of counterparts in User Experience and Development.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," and #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity."
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exploring new ideas for bringing products to market that meet the business needs of customers
- Creatively participating in new product and feature ideation
- Introducing innovation and/or replacement of existing solutions
- Ideate products and value propositions that are validated with customers
- Validate proposed value with customers and prospects using prototypes and designs
- Own definition and direction of features and enhancements
- Communicate with multiple stakeholders including customers, prospects, as well as internal stakeholders and synthesize multiple inputs
- Participate in customer meetings to get a better understanding of Customer Ideas/Issues
- Lead the creation of complex designs
- Defines and research business requirements, including frequent customer communication
- Provide Business oriented analysis and requirements
- Create and collaborate on detailed functional designs, using Agile methodologies and tools
- Story writing including conditions of acceptance
- Define stories with other stakeholders including UX Designers, Developers and QA
- Responsible for Epic and Requirement prioritization
- Obsessed with the success of the enhancement and/or product
- Deep understanding of Human Resource domain and empathy for target customers
- 5 or more years of experience in a Product Owner or Business Analyst role
- Strong analytical skills to understand business requirements and create granular level requirements
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment to solve business problems
- Think imaginatively and intuitively while quickly grasping and synthesizing new ideas
- Proven leadership, analytical, decision-making, and team building skills
- Exceptional partnership skills; ability to inspire and lead development team without management authority
- Experience using Agile development methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Experience in Product Management methodologies such as Pragmatic Marketing or Silicon Valley Product Group
- Certifications in HR related fields (e.g. PHR, SHRM-CP, GBA, CEBS)
- Bachelor's Degree in a business discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top