Software Test Engineer
Are you a perfectionist? Maybe even a little OCD? Do you have to have order in your world, a world where all possibilities are examined and analyzed? Do you believe in Murphy's Law? Perhaps you've been a victim of Murphy's Law, and pledged to never allow that to happen again. If you've answered "Yes!" to any of these questions, then you'll love the Software Testing role here at Ultimate!
As a Senior Software Test Engineer, you will play a very important role in ensuring the quality and excellence of our products. You'll be embedded on a development team consisting between 8-30 people where you can strut your stuff finding bugs and giving developers valuable input from a testing perspective. You'll get to work directly with other Testers, Developers, Business Analysts, Product Managers, and team Directors, all of whom make up the team. In this highly-collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to grow as a tester, and even help mentor others get to your level. Are you ready to get started? Apply Today!
Software testing at Ultimate Software: http://youtu.be/415TR1BEzyY
Take a look at our company culture: https://youtu.be/JrHGFIWX2R4
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
A Day in the Life:
- In your team's daily standup meeting, you brag about that big bug you found at the end of the day yesterday, and walk a developer through it to get it fixed
- When a developer is picking up a story, they call the Business Analysts, a UX designer, and a tester to explain what the story is about during the story kickoff meeting. You give input on the story with a testing perspective
- After the story kick off meeting, you create and document test cases for those bleeding edge cases
- Exercise your C# knowledge by writing some automation using the latest in novel test case frameworks. These frameworks are developed in-house and supported by Selenium, coded UI, and sikuli
- A developer may come to you wanting you to review their unit test, and you make some really good suggestions
- You attend a design meeting with product analysts, UX designers, and developers, and give your input from a testing perspective on how to make an application testable
- Exploratory testing: this is when you get to let loose on the application – go crazy and try to break it! Bring out your inner Sid! (Hope you don't mind the Toy Story reference)
- Work with our seasoned test architects to develop and advance in your career. We can train you to get better with our in-house training in white box and black box testing!
- Finally, before the day winds out, you demo your story to the BA, and it gets closed because you thought of every little thing!
- 7+ years' experience in a Software Testing Engineering role
- Ability to write and test code in an object oriented language (C#, Java, Ruby, C++, VB.Net are accepted)
- Experience building test automation frameworks
- Extensive experience testing in an agile environment
- Selenium knowledge/familiarity is preferred
- Have worked with a Continuous Integration system (ex. TeamCity, or one of the Butlers…)
- Ability to write intermediate SQL code
- Extensive knowledge of testing techniques/methodologies and how to apply them (white box, equivalence class partitioning, pairwise, state transition, boundary value, decision table)
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top