Software Test Architect
Ultimate Software is looking for an extremely talented Software Test Architect to join our award winning Agile development team. Are you currently at the top of your testing organization but are looking for more? Can you think outside of the box to solve issues that have plagued the testing industry for years? Do you have the drive and ambition to accomplish things that have never been done before? Ultimate Software is looking for a strong scientific mind that can bring right-to-left thinking from theory to applied. If you answer yes to many of these questions, then very likely you are exactly the candidate we are looking for!
The chosen candidate will be joining a team of Software Test Architects at the top of the testing field to teach and mentor other engineers on software testing methodologies. You will also continue pushing the innovation in our software testing organization, which is already one of the most advanced and innovative testing organizations in America. You will focus on leading the development and adoption of testing tools and communicating these improvements throughout our agile organization. As a leader in the testing organization you will provide direction on consistent improvements to the processes and tooling in all areas of testing including, functional testing, test automation (UI, Unit, Integration), performance testing, security testing, continuous integration, test case management and other areas.
Software testing at Ultimate Software: http://youtu.be/415TR1BEzyY
Take a look at our company culture: https://youtu.be/JrHGFIWX2R4
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 "Best Places to Work For in 2016." This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE's list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of the "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
If you are a Software Test Architect who would like to make a huge impact on our team, please apply now!
- Mentor others on best practices in software testing strategies
- Help teams and individuals design a sound software testing strategy
- Is responsible for the quality, integrity, performance and design of the framework of the system that you work with
- Consistently ensure a high performing, high quality architecture of a large and complex software system
- Is a leader in the constant improvement of your companies test automation practices at the unit, services/integration, and UI layers
- Keep up with the latest QA and/or Agile methodologies as one of your hobbies
- Work in an agile software development environment and ensure the quality of the architecture of our Enterprise software application
- Gain a technical and functional understanding of our product
- Provide feedback on how to improve our product solutions, tools, and other technical software features
- Participate in the constant improvement for team's Continuous Integration practices
- Minimum eight (8) years experience with QA methodologies and software testing
- Knowledge of software test case design techniques like boundary value, decision table, pairwise, state transition, use case testing
- Ability to write intermediate SQL code
- Has experience working with large Enterprise Software applications
- Ability to write code in an object-oriented language, such as C#, Java, Ruby, C++, Python
- Understands quality assurance methodologies and the principles of software design
- Ability to test an application without a GUI
- Experience in writing object-oriented code to test production object-oriented code
- Experience collaborating with programmers and business analysts to ensure a quality software application
- Ability to test integrated systems and interfaces, as well as use source control
- Understand the importance of both manual and automated testing; able to perform automated testing at all 3 main layers, Unit, Services/Integration, and UI
- Any Agile Software Development methodologies or practices such as Scrum, Extreme Programming, Kanban, Behavior Driven Development, or Test Driven Development
- Experience using automated testing tools like xUnit, FitNesse, Loadrunner, Watir, Watin, Fit and/or other test automation tools a plus
- Knowledge of white box testing techniques like basis path using cyclomatic complexity, control flow and data flow a plus
- Experience developing your own testing tools or prototypes to facilitate testing a plus
Travel Requirement: No more than 15% travel
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top