Software Operations Engineer
Ultimate Software is introducing UltiPro Perception, a workforce analytics and intelligence platform that utilizes machine learning and natural language processing at scale to help businesses enhance the employee experience and ultimately make work life better for everyone.
We are looking for a lead Software DevOps Engineer to help drive the growth of Perception, by designing, building, maintaining, and scaling production systems that that serve millions of people and process millions of data points each and every day.
Check out some videos that capture what it is like to work at Ultimate Software:
- Software engineering at Ultimate: https://youtu.be/fy5l8lWJbqQ
- Our Culture: https://youtu.be/v9ssO9PgT_A
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #15 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2016. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
As a lead member of our technical operations team, you will:
- work directly with our small, fast-moving, highly collaborative engineering team
- proactively approach growth and scaling by helping design and architect systems that are forward-looking
- conduct full stack diagnostics when necessary, to help determine the root cause of problems
- continuously analyze and strengthen existing infrastructure for reliability, availability, security, and scalability
- look to automate processes as much as possible
- be expected to provide emergency on-call support
- support the development infrastructure for our engineering team - staging environments, test enviroments, local development environments
We like playing with technology, and you should too. Our ever-growing technology stack includes things like:
Python, Java, Scala, Angular, Flask, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, Amazon AWS, Openstack, Jenkins, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, RHEL / CentOS
- in-depth administrative knowledge of a substantial number of the above technologies
- prior experience building out and scaling the infrastructure of at least one significant production application
- experience with distributed unix/linux systems administration and performance tuning
- the ability to operate at a variety of levels, dealing with anything from low-level hardware issues to network troubleshooting and large-scale system failures
- familiarity with cloud-based infrastructures
- experience scaling production database systems
- experience with systems and network security
- a love for finding creative and thoughtful solutions to a variety of technical challenges
Education/Certification/License: A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or a related field is a plus.
Travel Requirement:Limited travel upon request
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top