Software Engineering Manager
Ultimate Software is looking for extremely talented Software Engineering Manager that has experience in an agile environment. This individual has had great success leading development teams of Software Engineers and Software Test Engineers with their agile leadership. This candidate is currently serving as Scrum Master or has maintained this role recently. The responsibility of the Software Engineering Manager is to focus solely on process and people, guiding their team to track and deliver to the roadmaps set by strategy and product management. The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for implementing and continuous improving lean principles and Kanban, tailoring these and other tools for their specific agile development team.
This position requires excellent technical team leadership. We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager who is passionate about leading, passionate about programming, passionate about quality, and truly enjoys what they do.
Ultimate Software works in an agile environment with daily standups and code reviews as well as constant communication within each self-managed cross functional team. The ability to communicate effectively with Software Engineers, Product Analysts and QA’s, as well as work closely with other team members are key components for success in this position.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Our CEO Scott Scherr made the top 5 highest rated CEOs to work for on Glass Door in 2015!
Take a look at our company culture: https://youtu.be/JrHGFIWX2R4
Check out how we give our employees the chance to work on whatever project they want for 48 hours! http://bit.ly/1AumZp2
Apply Now to join our Award Winning Product Development Team!
- Responsible for running and implementing continuous improvement initiatives
- Managing the Development process for their team (Kanban)
- Making sure their team implements any department initiatives including all the high performing team behaviors
- Leading the daily standup
- Removing impediments
- Leading team Kaizen events and retrospectives
- Participating in the Daily Product Review and communicating information up and down the line
- Responsible for facilitating team communication regarding team issues
- Responsible for maintaining team/Kanban statistics
- Proficiency in the Agile development life cycle
- Proficiency in Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Proven technical problem solving skills
- Experience driving positive change within the team via process manipulation
- Experience setting goals and focusing on measurable results
- Ability to be a leader within the team as well as someone who is able to represent the team within the company
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with other groups within the organization
Education/Certification/License: University degree in Computer Science or Engineering; equivalent experience accepted
Travel Requirement: No more than 15% travel
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top