Software Engineering Internship
Here at Ultimate Software we believe that software should work for people. Not the other way around. This “People First” philosophy is a cornerstone of who we are as a company and that extends to how we treat our people – including our TechStar Interns. That means that you will have access to intensive mentorship from senior engineers, multiple opportunities to develop and expand your skills as a technologist, and the ability to work on REAL projects that have a REAL impact on our product and people.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
A successful intern at Ultimate is/has:
- Pursuing a degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Knowledge of OOP, Data Structures, and Algorithms,
- Ability to code in a functional or object oriented programming language
- Strong problem solving skills
- Willing to learn and adapt
- Driven to innovate
- Passionate about technology
- A team player
Specific responsibilities will vary depending on team placement, but in general:
- Work side by side with other interns and full time engineers within an Agile team to architect, design, implement, and integrate major product features
- Learn new technologies and skills via peer-led (Lunch and Learns) or self-paced (Pluralsight) methods and immediately apply them in your day to day.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top