Software Engineer, Cloud Platform Operations - DevOps
Ultimate Software is looking for a Software Cloud DevOps Engineer to lead our team in the configuration development of our own private cloud’s Infrastructure and Platform Services. These services are being built out on the Linux platform, leveraging Chef and Openstack. This DevOps Engineering will be partnered with the Application’s Agile development teams to assure smooth integration across the entire Architecture. You will collaborate directly with Team Leads and Software engineers to research, design and prototype solutions, ensuring that they align with Ultimate Software guidelines and industry best practices. In addition, the DevOps Engineer will communicate and mentor teams on best practices and guidelines.
Check out some videos that capture what it is like to work at Ultimate Software:
- Software engineering at Ultimate: https://youtu.be/fy5l8lWJbqQ
- Our Culture: https://youtu.be/v9ssO9PgT_A
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.
A Day In The Life:
- Start your day off right by meeting with your teammates to make sure that yesterday’s challenges are today’s wins!
- Get together with your Business Analysts, User Experience leads and Quality Assurance Engineers at the story kickoff meeting to make sure the code you write is building the software that you want to use
- Want to talk shop? The tech standup is the place to do it where you meet with your fellow engineers and platform leads to make sure your code is using the latest and greatest practices and patterns
- After lunch, head on over to a design meeting where you are working with the analysts and fellow engineers to determine what the code and product will look like just a few months from now
- The team only gets stronger at monthly/quarterly retrospective meetings where your small ideas can have a big impact on how your teams days are going
- When the day is over, by using our internal communication portal, Ulti Home, you plan on playing poker, volunteering, or going on a run with other Ulti Peeps!
- Experience with at least one statically typed language (e.g. Java / Golang), this is required.
- Experience using or developing Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) applications (e.g. Cloud Foundry, Heroku, etc) is required
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) applications (e.g. OpenStack, vSphere, Amazon Web Services, etc)
- Experience developing in a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) application environment is a plus
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL including MS SQL, MySQL, MongoDB, etc. is required
- Experience with distributed version control and its workflows
- Relevant Knowledge of OOP design and patterns
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Multiple years of experience in web technologies utilizing Microservices, SOA patterns and REST is a plus
- Experience in some open source projects is a plus
- Experience with at least one SCM technology is a plus
- Familiarity with container technologies (e.g. Docker) is a plus
- Experience with Message queues (e.g. RabbitMQ) is a plus
- Willingness to learn new technologies and be passionate about it, is a MUST
- Being a great team player, is a MUST
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, is a MUST
Education/Certification/License: A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or a related field is a plus
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
Back to top