Ultimate Software is seeking a Software Engineer for the Weston, FL office.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.
- Create and integrate features to build user centered HCM applications and deploy them to the cloud, using Object Oriented Programming (OOP) design and patterns, Java technology, SQL, and source code repositories;
- Participate in test driven development, automated unit testing, test fixtures and daily code reviews, all in an agile context;
- Develop cutting edge solutions to maximize the performance, scalability and distributed processing capabilities of the system;
- Analyze user feedback for new functionality and to troubleshoot issues; provide root cause analysis for production issues that are escalated to the team;
- Communicate with team members to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles to meet the team goals;
- Implement micro-service architecture and open source frameworks if required.
Must have at least a bachelor’s degree (or foreign earned equivalent degree) in a computer or engineering field + min 60 months’ work experience in enterprise software development working with OOP, Java technology and SQL to build, deploy and troubleshoot applications.
Coding test required
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top