As a Software Engineer at Ultimate, you'll be embedded on a development team where you will be called upon to work to design and build custom application solutions for new and existing customers. In this highly-collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to grow as a software engineer, and even help mentor others. Are you ready to get started? Apply Today!
Software engineering at Ultimate: https://youtu.be/fy5l8lWJbqQ
More about US: https://youtu.be/89W_hyDuEE4
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Exercise your C# knowledge by writing some automation using the latest in novel test case frameworks. These frameworks are developed in-house and based on Selenium.
- In your team's daily standup meeting, you explain the challenges you faced while developing the automated tests you worked on yesterday.
- After the story kick off meeting, you analyze and document test cases for those bleeding edge cases.
- As a member of our team, you will be responsible for writing automated tests, maintaining and enhancing our extended version of an in-house testing framework, and maintaining and enhancing a web-based automated test engine portal for our end-customer (internal team).
- Ability to write and test code in an object oriented language, preferably C#. (Java, Ruby, VB.Net are also accepted, but must be able to ramp up to C# easily)
- Experience in ASP.Net design and programming
- Principles of OOP
- Ability to write intermediate SQL code
- Subversion, git or other source control protocol knowledge
- Experience with an automation framework
- Selenium knowledge/familiarity is preferred
- Have worked with a CI system (ex. TeamCity, or one of the Butlers…)
- Knowledge of testing techniques/methodologies and how to apply them (white box, equivalence class partitioning, pairwise, state transition, boundary value, decision table)
- Any Agile or Lean Software Development experience such as Kanban, Scrum, Test-Driven Development, and/or Extreme Programming methodologies
Education/Certification/License: A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or a related field is a plus
Travel Requirement: 0%
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top