Software Development Manager
Ultimate Software is looking for extremely talented Software Development Manager with technical experience in an agile environment. This individual has had great success leading development teams of Software Engineers. The responsibility of the Software Development Manager is to focus on development process and people, guiding the team to track and deliver to the roadmaps set by strategy and product management.
This position requires excellent technical team leadership. We are looking for a Software Development Manager who is passionate about leading, programming and delivering quality product, and truly enjoys what they do.
Ultimate Software works in an agile environment with daily standups and code reviews as well as constant communication within each self-managed cross-functional team. The ability to communicate effectively with Software Engineers, Product Analysts and QA’s, as well as work closely with other team members are key components for success in this position.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Responsible for running and implementing continuous improvement initiatives
- Managing the Development process for their team (Kanban)
- Making sure their team implements any department initiatives including all the high performing team behaviors
- Leading the daily standup
- Removing impediments
- Leading team Kaizen events and retrospectives
- Participating in the Daily Product Review and communicating information up and down the line
- Responsible for facilitating team communication regarding team issues
- Responsible for maintaining team/Kanban statistics
- Proficiency in the Agile development life cycle
- Proficiency in Kanban and Scrum methodologies
- Proven analytical skills and technical problem solving skills in the face of difficult situations.
- Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Exposure to technologies like MEAN, Microservices, and RESTful web services is desired.
- Experience working in an enterprise-scale SaaS product environment that is deployed using cloud technologies like OpenStack and Cloud Foundry.
- Proven track record of iteratively delivering high quality software on time
- Demonstrate leadership abilities in driving complex technical discussions and engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle.
- Passionate about developing tools and products and able to inspire others.
- Experience setting goals and focusing on measurable results
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with other groups within the organization
- University degree in Computer Science or Engineering; equivalent experience accepted
Travel RequirementAbout 10-15% travel
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top