Software Development Business Analyst
Ultimate Software is seeking a Business Analyst (BA) with a talent and passion for collaboration. You will be joining Ultimate Software’s award-winning Development team where you will participate in the design, implementation and testing of innovative cloud based Human Capital Management software solution. As a Business Analyst, you will be an essential member of a cutting edge agile team that is focused specifically on the Recruiting functionality of our UltiPro product suite. As a Business Analyst, you will be working together with some of the most highly skilled Software Architects and Product Managers in the business, creating incredibly high quality software for our customers.
A Business Analyst is part of the Product Strategy team that facilitates collaboration across the Development team and the Product Management team, acting as their liaison. This role is responsible for creating detailed product requirements that decouple the breadth of the solution from the depth of the solution, in order to continuously deliver smaller increments of production-ready code. The Business Analyst is an analytical thinker with deep domain knowledge, and is responsible for translating business requirements from Product Managers into detailed requirements that can be implemented by the software engineers. The Business Analyst bridges the higher level “what” into the detailed “what” via story writing, which then becomes the “how” via functioning quality code. Collaboration, facilitation, leadership, coaching, and team building are skills required for Business Analysts.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Research & refine functional requirements, communicating directly with customers in collaboration with Product Managers
- Create and collaborate on detailed functional designs, using Agile methodologies and tools
- Story writing including conditions of satisfaction
- Validation with Product Managers of the stories defined
- Lead the creation of designs with Product Manager input.
- Work closely with engineers and testers to ensure the product to be built actually gets built by
- Backlog maintenance through proper story prioritization
- Create materials (presentations, demos, UML artifacts) to help train additional teams on new functionality
- Review, comment, follow-up and target defects and enhancement requests
- Participate in customer meetings with Product Managers to get a better understanding of customer ideas/issues
- Takes ownership of the delivery of features/capabilities through the development process
- Understand and triage customer issues conducting any necessary technical research or team collaboration
- Strong analytical skills to understand business requirements and decompose into more granular level requirements
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple priorities
- Proven ability to lead diverse groups of resources to solution agreement by leveraging influencing skills to drive consensus
- Effective communication skills; listening, written and verbal; ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Think imaginatively and intuitively while quickly grasping and synthesizing new ideas
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment to solve business problems
- Working knowledge of Talent Management and Development processes
- 3+ years experience working with Global HCM Software and working knowledge strongly desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top