Software Automation Test Engineer
As a technical Software Test Engineer here, you play a very important role in ensuring the quality and excellence of our products. You’ll be embedded on an agile development team where you will write code to test the code written by the developers, using both your specialized testing knowledge of multiple tools, techniques and best practices as well as your development experience and knowledge of good technical architecture and design. You’ll be working side by side with the teams Developers and other Testers to validate application quality. In our highly-collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to continually grow as a tester and engineer, and even help mentor others get to your level. Are you ready to get started? Apply Today!
Software testing at Ultimate Software:http://youtu.be/415TR1BEzyY
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2017 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- In your team’s daily standup meeting, you provide your assessment of the prior day’s software development effort, and walk a developer through it to get concerns addressed.
- When a developer is picking up a story, they call the Business Analysts, a UX designer, and a tester to explain what the story is about during the story kickoff meeting. You give input on the story with a testing perspective.
- After the story kick off meeting, you create and document test cases.
- Exercise your software development knowledge by writing automation using the latest in novel test case frameworks.
- A developer may come to you wanting you to review their test design, and you make some really good suggestions.
- You attend a design meeting with product analysts, UX designers, and developers, and give your input from a testing perspective on how to make an application testable.
- Work with our seasoned test architects to develop and advance in your career. We can train you to get better with our in-house training in white box and black box testing!
- Finally, before the day winds out, you demo your story to the BA, and it gets closed because you thought of every little thing!
- Ability to write and test code in an object oriented language, preferably Java, to support either of our primary products (Go, Node.js and Ruby are also accepted, but must be able to ramp up to Java and/or C# easily).
- Knowledge of testing techniques/methodologies and how to apply them (white box, equivalence class partitioning, pairwise, state transition, boundary value, decision table)
- Functional test automation tool experience is preferred (ex. Junit, TestNG, Serenity, etc.)
- Have worked with a CI system is preferred (ex. TeamCity, Concourse, Jenkins, etc.)
- Selenium knowledge/familiarity is a plus
- Ability to write intermediate SQL is required
- Nonfunctional test automation tool experience is a plus (ex. JMeter, LoadRunner, ZAP, etc.)
- Ability to write NoSQL code is a plus
- Must have at least a bachelor’s degree (or foreign earned equivalent degree) in a computer or engineering field
Ultimate Software has an accommodation process in place and provides lawful accommodations throughout the hiring process. If you require a specific lawful accommodation because of a disability or medical need, please let us know in advance.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Rapid Response Professional
DeAndrea provides support to customers in need of assistance with pay services, human resources, and employment databases—and also helps troubleshoot any problems implementing the software.
Back to top