Software Architect, Data Engineer
Ultimate Software is seeking a hands-on Software Architect, Data Engineer to help lead development of our Data Engineering capabilities. You will work to establish our nextgen data ingestion, transformation, and publishing capabilities and transform our current practices to take advantage of these capabilities.
This position demands strong leadership with the ability to collaborate across the organization as well as the ability and desire to roll up your sleeves and lead by example. You will be working with current and emerging technologies, with an emphasis on delivery. Excellent analytical skills, team orientation, flexibility, innovative thinking, problem solving, conflict management, and self-motivation are required. The opportunity requires you to be able to contribute at a senior level, to design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug complex data issues, at the enterprise level. As an architect, you will collaborate with both product, engineering and operations teams so great communication skills are a necessity.
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #15 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2016. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver capabilities to ingest, transform and publish data in near-real-time and batch using a variety of technologies
- Establish data engineering operational practices to ensure timeliness, completeness and quality.
- Produce quality code, tests, and documentation.
- Build consensus around approach and help to manage people through change.
- Ensure appropriate levels of service are met in terms of performance, scale, and availability.
- Research, design, test, and evaluate new technologies, platforms and third party products
- Work with technology teams to prototype and prove the viability of solutions
- Facilitate production implementation of solutions
- Ensure alignment of solutions with Enterprise Architecture principles and guidelines
- Provide leadership and expertise in the development of standards, architectural governance, design patterns, and practices
- 5+ years of experience leading development of a modern data architecture
- Experience working in a data engineering operation in a multi-tenant Enterprise SaaS environment.
- Experience operationalizing a data lake in a production environment that spans multiple regions.
- Production Experience with Mongo, Hadoop, and RDBMS's.
- Production Experience with other modern data engineering tools like:
- Experience standing up a data lake/warehouse in a private cloud environment is desirable.
- Experience establishing data security practices in a multi-tenant environment.
- Experience designing backup and recovery strategies for critical infrastructure and data.
- If located in South Florida, limited upon request
- If working out of one of our other offices (Atlanta, Toronto, San Fran) travel to South Florida (HQ) up to twice per month for several days
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top