Ultimate Software is looking to hire a Software Architect. The Architect will collaborate with Product Management, Development Teams and other members of the Core Technology Services team to design and implement software solutions that align with Ultimate Software’s business goals and technology strategy. The Architect will collaborate directly with Team Leads and Software engineers to research, design and prototype software solutions, ensuring that they align with Ultimate Software guidelines and industry best practices. In addition, the Software Architect will communicate and mentor teams on software development best practices, patterns and architecture guidelines.
This position is available in our south Florida (Weston) office.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Software engineering at Ultimate Software: http://youtu.be/fy5l8lWJbqQ
Take a look at our company culture: https://youtu.be/JrHGFIWX2R4
Apply now to join our Award Winning Product Development Team!
- Responsible for the architectural design and integrity of software features
- Partner and collaborate with Tech Leads on software design, architecture and implementation concerns
- Conduct architectural reviews of existing software and recommends adjustments
- Accelerate adoption of standards and new technologies
- Communicate architecture guidelines, principles and vision to development teams
- Drive adoption of core technologies, architectural guidelines and standards
- Research, design, test, and evaluate new technologies and software components
- Implement POCs and pair with technical leads on implementations
- 2+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience in software development
- 5+ years’ experience designing and delivering large scale distributed systems (ideally using modern SOA patterns and REST)
- Solid understanding of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns
- Flexibility and creativity in solution design – including leveraging emerging technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to clearly explain and justify ideas when faced with competing alternatives
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
- Prior experience with agile development
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and related technologies (hardware, virtualization, networking)
- Proficient in at least one static OO language (C#, Java)
- Proficient in current development and source code management tools (Visual Studio, Eclipse, Git, SVN)
Travel Requirement: Limited upon request, dependent on location
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top