Ultimate Software is looking to hire a Software Architect. The Architect will collaborate with the Information Services development teams and other members of the Technology Services teams to design and implement software solutions that align with Ultimate Software's business goals and technology strategy. The Architect will collaborate directly with other architects, team Leads and engineers to research, design and prototype software solutions, ensuring that they align with Ultimate Software guidelines and industry best practices.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support top Information Services initiatives by prioritizing architectural efforts appropriately
- Partner and collaborate with Architects and Tech Leads on software design, architecture and implementation concerns and holds them accountable for producing clearly documented designs and provides feedback to ensure design is well thought out
- Work with stakeholders to understand product vision and feature requirements and help the team establish a technical approach to delivering features that is in line with architectural norms and best practices
- Conduct architectural reviews of existing software and recommends adjustments
- Accelerate adoption of standards and new technologies
- Communicate architecture guidelines, principles and vision to development teams
- Responsible for long-term visioning regarding application framework selection, 3rd party control usage, etc.
- Has a clear understanding of our application infrastructure and is able to troubleshoot issues and engage the appropriate engineering teams as issues arise that fall out of our domain as escalated
- 10+ years in Information Technology related field
- 4+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience in software development
- Prior experience with agile development is required
- Solid understanding of security/access control, scalability, high availability, and concurrency patterns
- Self-motivated, positive team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate and apply common architectural design patterns across a wide range of technical problems
- Good organizational and leadership skills
- In depth experience building large scale, high-availability enterprise solutions
Limited upon request, dependent on location
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top