Site Reliability Engineer Ii
As a Site Reliability Engineering you will be working in close collaboration with the infrastructure team, you will be included in the daily life of the teams in order to have the best understanding and work relations. Through automation, process improvement, teaching, coaching and proactive monitoring you will build and maintain highly fault tolerant CI pipelines which incorporate proactive monitoring, alerting and outage notifications on numerous custom software platforms. This role will need to have deep familiarity with integrations on numerous hosting systems, deployment means, and containerized deployments. This position will be a mix of strategy, implementation and hands on individual contributor development. Heavy dev ability required. Custom automation of build and deploy pipelines, custom per team will be needed for integration of new components and services.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune\u0027s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2020 and #2 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2020. Ultimate is also ranked #2 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #9 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list. Learn more about US here: www.ultimatesoftware.com/careers
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- You will drive impact through technical influence across the organization and play a critical role in the development of the monitoring and deployment infrastructure.
- Writing stress and load tests to see breaking points and scalability issues of the application and subsequently following up by creating stories for the development team to improve
- Making sure the team understands its SLIs, SLOs and client facing SLAs
- Troubleshooting existing production issues and collaborating with numerous teams to solve an underlying issue.
- Taking information from learned incidents and working on improving tooling and visibility
- Helping teams evaluate complexity vs understandability of features, patterns or decisions
- Responsible for building trustworthy, secure and reliable infrastructure
- Ease of integration and management of the infrastructure where it is easy to scale as development and adoption scales
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong understanding of Kubernetes.
- Containerized deployment (Docker, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD tooling (Concourse, CircleCI, Jenkins).
- Advanced experience with at least one programming language
- Understanding of file systems, linux.
- Hashicorp Vault
- Antifragility pattern design
- Cloud deployments
- Microservice patterns/deployment
- Experience with HA and distributed IAAS
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform.
- Artifactory experience.
- Travel may be up to 20%
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please contact email@example.com.
Beware of phishing or suspicious messages that appear to come from a trusted or known source and that asks for personal information, account information or requests that you send money to cover expenses associated with a job or otherwise. Ultimate Software does not ask for this information from our job applicants or candidates and never asks for any applicant or candidate to send money.
It has come to our attention that some people have been contacted online by persons impersonating job recruiters for Ultimate Software. These fraudulent “recruiters” have used Gmail accounts to contact, and have requested personal information, such as depositing a check to purchase work-related supplies. These are not legitimate recruiters or job offers, and do not represent Ultimate Software. To safely apply for and view open positions at Ultimate Software, please click “Apply\u0022 and follow the instructions. Note that our recruiter emails always come from an officialultimatesoftware.comemail address.
If you suspect you have been the victim of this or a related fraud, immediately contact your financial institution, and then file a complaint with the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center atwww.ic3.gov. If you shared other personal or sensitive information, you may need to take additional actions relative to what was shared. Your local law enforcement department may also be able to assist. For any general security related questions regarding Ultimate, feel free to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Back to top