services Solution Delivery Sr Manager
This position would work closely with the overall Services organization and more specifically the Select Services leaders to gather the business requirements and needs of our business in order to drive a holistic architecture and technology strategy to deliver a seamless customer and user experience that effectively integrates system functionality with business processes, supporting evolutionary cycles that can get to desired outcomes within a cost effective and scalable framework. The area of responsibilities includes offerings within the HCM domain and would include other domains in the support of these offerings; such as call centers, financial management, and process automation.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," and #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity."
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Derive business value from proposed initiatives, as well as define and manage prioritization system based on value vs. effort with other business initiatives.
- Maintain the ability to communicate how emerging technologies can support business value
- Determine the overlaps, gaps, and dependencies across multiple technology initiatives to build a cohesive strategy that enables service delivery excellence
- Lead one or many complex, high-visibility projects.
- Collaborate and drive change at every level & function in the organization
- Positively influence all levels of management to ensure that Services delivery improvement activities receive the necessary support and are resourced sufficiently to implement solutions.
- Create effective working relationships with fellow team members and internal partners, measured through observation, metrics and feedback.
- Determine internal and external customers' needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain information.
- Recommend the nature and scope of present and future offerings technology solutions by reviewing specifications and requirements; appraising new functionality ideas and/or technology changes.
- Assess market competition by comparing Ultimate's service delivery capabilities to competitors' and other "best in class" industries delivering similar solutions.
- Obtain opportunity sizing by working with internal Services leadership to develop appropriate technology and solution strategies.
- Provide information for management by preparing short-term and long-term Service delivery roadmaps, reports, and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Bring new solutions to market by analyzing proposed requirements and development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with Services, PDIS, and third party providers.
- Maintain team staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and developing employees.
- Effectively delegate activities while maintaining accountability for overall deliverables.
- Audit previous initiatives to validate operational or financial improvements.
- Leadership qualities and experience
- Proven track record of delivering desired outcomes through process improvements that yielded measureable results through technology deployments
- Excellent communicator
- Working knowledge of database and application implementation technologies
- Working knowledge of Windows, Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of (or ability to learn) Visio or other workflow mapping tools.
- Knowledge of general database concepts.
- Interpersonal skills for interaction with various individuals/departments/outside sources.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Attention to detail with commitment to accuracy.
- Troubleshooting, research and analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret data and make recommendations.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Services Delivery Business (Customer Support, Professional Services, Outsourcing, etc.)
- Management experience of minimum 5 years
- 5 Years of experience in managing technology in a services delivery environment
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and BPM technology a plus
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top