services Solution Delivery Executive – Select services
The role requires a blend of deep and broad understanding of HCM systems functionality with a strong understanding of associated HCM services delivery processes. This role is similar to a Product Manager who can drive feature development, through the lens of future HCM industry capabilities. This will require the ability to develop, communicate, and gain organizational buy-in on clear visions of future experience tied to these new product/applications capabilities. An understanding of service delivery staffing models tied with clear customer roles/responsibilities definition are important components of this role. This role has high interaction with our product development teams – A strong ability to participate in, and at times play a leading role, in product architecture discussions are required for this role. This role would be responsible for creating and socializing a multiple offering, integrated services delivery architecture, in tandem with a lead role in the strategy for the delivery of systems and technology plans that become part of the Ultimate Software solutions (products and services) ecosystem.
This position would work closely with the overall Services organization and more specifically the Select Services leaders to gather the business requirements and needs of our business in order to drive a holistic architecture and technology strategy to deliver a seamless customer and user experience that effectively integrates system functionality with business processes, supporting evolutionary cycles that can get to desired outcomes within a cost effective and scalable framework. The area of responsibilities includes offerings within the HCM domain and would include other domains in the support of these offerings; such as call centers, financial management, and process automation.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
The successful candidate will:
- span many activities from strategic to tactical
- have a thorough understanding of product life cycle through the lenses of product development, customer experience, and services delivery perspectives
- capable of financial analysis to determine solution profitability and ROI
- have experience in customer journey/experience mapping, and general Customer Experience Management techniques
- be technically knowledgeable to determine the usability and integration options within the HCM domain
- have experience in performing make, buy, or build analysis
- have ability to socialize strategies and gain consensus across the various stakeholder groups
- Have experience in change management initiatives
- Have services operational experience
Manages and coordinates Services organization-wide efforts to ensure that tools and platform technology strategies are aligned to a shared vision for Services technology and roadmap. Engages Services organization-wide operational and initiative teams to align delivery strategies on improving operational efficiencies and minimizing the redundancy of activities through the implementation of proposed architecture.
Primary Responsibilities: Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to derive business value from proposed initiatives, as well as define and manage prioritization system based on value vs. effort with other business initiatives.
- Maintaining the ability to communicate how emerging technologies can support business value
- Lead one or many complex, high-visibility projects.
- Collaborate and drive change at every level & function in the organization
- Positively influence all levels of management to ensure that Services delivery improvement activities receive the necessary support and are resourced sufficiently to implement solutions.
- Create effective working relationships with fellow team members and internal partners, measured through observation, metrics and feedback.
- Determines internal and external customers’ needs and desires by specifying the research needed to obtain information.
- Recommends the nature and scope of present and future offerings technology solutions by reviewing specifications and requirements; appraising new functionality ideas and/or technology changes.
- Assesses market competition by comparing Ultimate’s service delivery capabilities to competitors’ and other “best in class” industries delivering similar solutions.
- Obtains opportunity sizing by working with internal Services leadership to develop appropriate technology and solution strategies.
- Provides information for management by preparing short-term and long-term Service delivery roadmaps, reports, and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Brings new solutions to market by analyzing proposed requirements and development programs; preparing return-on-investment analyses; establishing time schedules with Services, PDIS, and third party providers.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains team staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Audits previous initiatives to validate operational or financial improvements.
- Leadership qualities and experience
- Proven track record of delivering desired outcomes through process improvements that yielded measureable results with specific focus on impact to People and Customers through technology deployments
- Excellent communicator
- Working knowledge of database and application implementation technologies
- Working knowledge of Windows, Word and Excel.
- Working knowledge of (or ability to learn) Visio or other workflow mapping tools.
- Knowledge of general database concepts.
- Interpersonal skills for interaction with various individuals/departments/outside sources.
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills.
- Attention to detail with commitment to accuracy.
- Troubleshooting, research and analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret data and make recommendations.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in Services Delivery Business (Customer Support, Professional Services, Outsourcing, etc.)
- Management experience of minimum 5 years, – preferred management of managers or director level
- 5 Years of experience in managing technology in a services delivery environment
- Experience with Salesforce CRM a plus
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top