Senior Tax Accountant
The senior tax accountant is responsible for collecting tax-related information; reporting to taxation authorities at the federal, state, county, and local levels in a timely manner; and advising management on the tax impact of various corporate strategies.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Complete and/or serve as back up for required tax reporting in a timely manner. Tax reporting includes income, sales, property, and payroll taxes.
- Perform quarterly accrual and prepare the tax provision
- Assist with implementation of sales tax system
- Assist with managing Federal and state income and sales tax audits
- Research and correct process errors that caused incorrect tax filings
- Research the basis for tax positions to be taken
- Advise management regarding the tax impact of corporate strategies
- Advise management on the impact of new laws on tax liabilities
- Identify tax savings in prospective acquisition scenarios.
- 3+ years of tax accounting experience is required.
- Experience working for a Big 4 public accounting firm is strongly preferred.
- Combination of public accounting and industry experience is preferable.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and Explorer Internet software is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred, or a tax concentration within an accounting program
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top