Senior SQL Developer
Seeking a passionate Senior SQL Developer to research, implement and manage an Enterprise Solution’s server farm, which is a key component to Ultimate Software’s product strategy.
The opportunity requires you to be able to contribute at a senior level, to design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug complex database issues, at the enterprise level. This Senior SQL Developer will be responsible for database level source control solutions, tools for meta data management, and a variety of other database related tools. This individual will also work with other SQL developers in the organization to determine any new tools or enhancements that might be needed and/or to train and mentor those developers on the proper use of the tools to get the most from what we have created. This position is not for the faint of heart. If you have a strong understanding of SQL Development, automation of complex tasks and SQL best practices, you may be a perfect fit for this role! This job is open to either our Atlanta, Georgia or Fort Lauderdale, Florida Offices.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Lead in architecting, designing, modeling, developing, maintaining and deploying SQL Server
- Lead in planning and implementing SQL Server version upgrades
- Coordinate with team members to perform database programming based on project requirements.
- Develop stored procedures, complex SQL queries, scripts and database programming for monitoring systems.
- Assist in identifying process improvements for database performance, reliability and stability.
- Provide technical leadership for large-scale database projects.
- Participate in all of Software Development Life Cycle, starting from requirements, design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of SQL servers
- In conjunction with data owners and business units, develops models, procedures, and protocols for reporting in concert with company goals.
- Advises department and managers regarding appropriate, effective, and efficient use of organizational reporting capabilities and functions.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing database architecture.
- Liaisons with various business groups in the organization to facilitate implementation of new or improved SQL processes.
- Communicates changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation to management and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
- Develops routines and procedures for end-users to facilitate best practices use of tools and applications.
- Maintains all documentation
- Other duties as assigned
- Extensive experience in creating tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, T-SQL, dynamic SQL, indexes, and data constraints
- Advanced experience in deploying and managing all SQL Server products from SQL Server 2008 through current version
- Experience in managing large scale infrastructure (over 100 production servers)
- Expert experience in database query/performance optimizations
- Advanced relational data modeling experience
- Self-motivated and willing to “do what it takes” to get the job done
- Team player with an ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- High degree of self-motivation to learn new methodologies that will enhance job performance
- Ability to manage an environment with over 1000 SQL Server database instances without reliance on 3rd party tools
- Performance tuning, optimization, scalability, and data modeling experience to ensure efficiency of our product
- Ability to effectively manage client defects/bugs and fix or recommend possible fixes using the tickets in our Jira system
- Technical writing
- A BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field of study is preferred
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
Back to top