Senior Software Engineer
Ultimate is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Identity Services team and help us transform the frameworks, APIs and web services that are the building blocks at the core of our internet software.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Ultimate, you'll be embedded on a development team responsible for solving challenging authentication and authorization problems -- creating scalable, performant, resilient and secure services that are literally the gateway to our workplace offerings. You will work together with some of the most highly skilled software professionals in the business designing, building, and maintaining globally available software that serves millions of people and processes millions of data points each and every day.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Apply Now to join our Award Winning Product Development Team!
Software engineering at Ultimate Software: http://youtu.be/fy5l8lWJbqQ
Take a look at our company culture: https://youtu.be/JrHGFIWX2R4
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with our fast-moving, highly collaborative team of Business Analysts, Software Engineers and Platform Leads/Architects
- Solve challenging problems
- Develop clean, readable code with tests
- Share your expertise and help grow other team members
- Continue to learn, explore and research
- Multiple years of experience in web technologies utilizing SOA patterns and REST
- Rock solid experience with at least one statically typed languages Java / C#. You know how to apply best practices.
- Experience with Cloud based Software-as-a-Service applications. Familiarity with microservices architecture a plus.
- Experience writing and implementing automated unit, system, and integration tests.
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills for production issues escalated to the team.
- Clear communicator who works well in a team setting.
- Experience implementing and scaling OpenID Connect, OAuth or SAML or similar identity, authorization or authentication protocols/frameworks
- Experience with relational and nonrelational databases
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry or similar cloud service platform
- Proficiency in Java Spring, Chef/Ruby, Golang, C#, Angular
- Proficiency with tools including: Git, TeamCity, Bosh, Concourse
- Knowledge of logging and monitoring systems, such as Dynatrace
- Experience using automation testing tools (Selenium, JUnit, Mockito, NUnit, Selenium, Ginkgo/Gomega, RSpec)
- A BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field of study is preferred
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top