Senior Security Analyst
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Ultimate Software is looking for individuals to join our security operations team! You will be our threat hunter. You will be responsible for ensuring continuous security of our enterprise applications which are hosted in our own private cloud, consisting of thousands of servers, to millions of users across the globe. You will detect and respond to security threats. You will hunt for threats or anomalous events using advanced techniques or resources such as threat intelligence, machine learning techniques and analysis of anomalous log data. You will identify indicators of compromise, analyze attacker tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs). As a senior security analyst, you are expected to handle sophisticated threats and coach other security analyst.
We have a vibrant, energetic and fun startup-like environment. We have strong and diverse technical backgrounds. We enjoy learning and sharing. True to our People First philosophy, we make sure we take care of you. If all these sound interesting to you, apply to our job now!
- Coach other security analyst
- Use machine learning to hunt for malware or anomalous event
- Identify indicators of compromise
- Analyze attacker tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs)
- Monitor and analyze data flow to identify and block malicious behavior and activities
- Provide updates and identified threats to the Development Security organization
- Continuously improve processes through automation and tools creation
- Stay current with Security technologies and make recommendations for use based on business value
- Minimum 5+ years supporting a security operations team or relevant security skills
- Good machine learning knowledge
- Understanding of IT operations: help desk, end-point management and server management
- Experience configuring and implementing technical security solutions, such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems
- Experience monitoring and analyzing network traffic, host-based security appliance logs and IDS alerts is a strong plus
- Security incident handling understanding
- Good HTTP knowledge
- Good UNIX/Linux knowledge
- Good understanding of TCP/IP
- Good Networking knowledge
- Good WAF understanding
- Meticulous reporting skills
- Understand the applicability of software vulnerabilities, such as the OWASP Top 10 threats
- Knowledge in malware analysis is a plus
- Experience in script programming (PowerShell, Python, ELK)
- Ability to communicate efficiently: write clearly and speak authoritatively to different audiences (business leaders and engineers)
Travel Requirement: Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top