Senior Product Manager
We are searching for a leader who thrives on building great products and growing great product people, as well as enjoys working in an agile environment to lead products from ideation to delivery. This leader is skilled at serving and partnering with key stakeholders– from customers and prospects to service and support teams. This person also has a passion for HCM and fulfilling our product vision to help organizations realize the full potential of people at work, elevating organizations to greatness.
The Senior Manager of Product will be responsible for the creation and execution of the product strategy and vision for Ultimate Software’s Onboarding product portfolio. As the Senior Manager of Product, you will be the owner of both the product roadmap and R&D work in progress. Most importantly, this role will lead a team of Business Analysts and will be responsible for growing and developing the team.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #3 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Owns the product portfolio strategy and directs investment for Onboarding products.
- Articulates clear product vision aligned to the overall strategy for product.
- Serves as the voice of the customer and takes an outside-in approach leveraging customer interaction, industry trends, and competitive intelligence as a foundation for product direction and decision making.
- Able to clearly communicate the vision and priorities clearly to different teams and stakeholders.
- Serves as expert on current state of the product with relevant metrics, benchmarks, and usage data.
- Defines roadmap and empowers the team to fully own and develop the features.
- Analyzes and develops new market opportunities and monitors offering success.
- Maintains continued awareness of industry changes and compliance changes in HCM technology.
- Creates and collaborates on detailed designs and prototypes, using Agile methodologies.
- Ability to build strong relationships and influence internal partners.
- Inspires engineering, UX, and Delivery in order to build products customers love.
- Fosters a strong product culture for the entire team based in best practices for discovery.
- Strong stewardship of the R&D investment and ability to make decisions with competing priorities.
- Lead, coach and develop strong product team members.
- 5+ years technology Product Management experience
- 3+ years knowledge of HCM
- Seasoned people manager with strong track record of growing and developing product teams
- Comfortable and experienced presenting to all size audiences and levels
- Strong business acumen and internal partnership skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Preferred completion of Pragmatic Marketing or Silicon Valley Product Group product training
- Preferred certifications in HR related fields (e.g. PHR, SHRM-CP)
- Up to 30% travel
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Back to top