Senior Manager – Customer Experience Technology
The Senior Manager of Customer Experience (CX) Technology & Self-Service manages and maintains a portfolio of business technology designed to improve customer experience across all service channels. As a strategic thinker with a background in Computer Science or MIS, this leader will partner with the services organization to improve the service delivery for our customers and contact centers. This role oversees a team of program managers and analysts who develop self-service and customer-facing technology. Must demonstrate a high degree of organization, planning, and communication with multiple business partners. Regular presentations to senior leadership on the strategic initiatives and our operational performance. High degree of project management skills required to manage multiple initiatives with high visibility. Knowledge of HCM industry is a plus. This role will be pivotal to meeting the high standards of our brand and delivering value to our shareholders.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee technology planning and self-service programs for Customer Success, Select Services, and Global Delivery
- Develop programs and lead initiatives to improve customer satisfaction and reduce operational cost to support customers
- Build business cases that accurately describe the benefits and associated costs with technology investments
- Develop a culture of org readiness efforts to improve adoption of new technology
- Lead self-service programs and education designed to reduce cost to serve
- Track and set goals for technology performance within the customer journey
- Motivate, coach, and lead a team to meet deadlines and goals
- Partner with technology teams and vendors to deliver self-service, chat, and IVR solutions
- Acts as an advisor to senior operations leadership
- Define trend setting performance metrics and partner with teams to meet those metrics
- Function effectively in a high paced environment
- Drive a culture of collaboration with Product and Services to deliver the most value to our customer
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a leadership role in Computer Science, MIS, or Business Administration
- Previous experience working in a contact center/customer success organization
- High multi-tasking experience overseeing work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing multiple projects with demanding deadlines
- Working knowledge marketing programs designed to change customer behavior and improve self-service
- Strong skills in project management, business case development, and operations
- Demonstrate leadership, decision-making, and team building skills
- Demonstrate strong oral, written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills in Excel, PowerPoint, or web-based note tools
- Ability to anticipate needs of multiple business leaders and offer realistic timelines on deliverables
- Working knowledge of UltiPro applications a plus
- Excellent positive customer service skills
- Outstanding organizational, problem solving, and communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce.com Service Cloud and Communities a plus
- Experience or familiarization with information security is a plus
- Skills in Visio and process mapping a plus
Education/Certification/License: Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, or MIS, or equivalent required. MBA preferred.
Travel Requirement: up to 10% travel required
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top