Senior Java Software Engineer
What do Outback Steakhouse, Pep Boys, and the Major League Baseball Network all have in common? They are paid with the software you could be building! At Ultimate Software, we build a cloud enterprise human capital management solution that can scale and perform on an as-needed basis.
We are growing our Product Development team like crazy. We need to make UltiPro the best it can be for our customers (over 2,600!), and in order to do that, we need additional talent. What a great problem to have, right? That’s where you come in!
As a Java Software Engineer at Ultimate, you’ll be embedded on a development team consisting between 8-30 people where you can work on the next generation of internet software. You’ll get to work directly with other Developers, Software Testers, Business Analysts, Product Managers, and Directors, all of whom make up the team. In this highly-collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to grow as a software engineer, and even help mentor others. Are you ready to get started? Apply Today!
Software engineering at Ultimate:https://youtu.be/fy5l8lWJbqQ
Take a look at our company culture: https://youtu.be/JrHGFIWX2R4
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
A Day In The Life:
- Start your day off right by meeting with your teammates to make sure that yesterday’s challenges are today’s wins!
- Get together with your Business Analysts, User Experience leads and Quality Assurance Engineers at the story kickoff meeting to make sure the code you write is building the software that you want to use
- Want to talk shop? The tech standup is the place to do it where you meet with your fellow engineers and platform leads to make sure your code is using the latest and greatest practices and patterns
- After lunch, head on over to a design meeting where you are working with the analysts and fellow engineers to determine what the code and product will look like just a few months from now
- The team only gets stronger at monthly/quarterly retrospective meetings where your small ideas can have a big impact on how your teams days are going
- When the day is over, by using our internal communication portal, Ulti Home, you plan on playing poker, volunteering, or going on a run with other Ulti Peeps!
- Multiple years of experience in web technologies utilizing SOA patterns and REST
- Relevant experience with at least one statically typed languages Java / C#
- Knowledge of microservice architecture is a plus
- Familiarity with Cloud based Software-as-a-Service applications
- Familiarity using open source frameworks is a plus
- Relevant experience with relational databases
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB), Angular, and Spring is a plus
- Knowledge of OOP design and patterns
- Strong use of source code repositories, like GIT and understanding of GIT workflow
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Teamwork is a must
Education/Certification/License: A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or related field is a plus
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top