Senior Java Developer - Workflow
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology and #3 on the 2019 list of Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Place to Work. Ultimate is also ranked #2 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #5 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list. Learn more about US here:www.ultimatesoftware.com/careers
Ultimate is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Workflow team and help us to build an enterprise workflow and decision automation platform.
As a Senior Software Engineer at Ultimate, you’ll be embedded on a development team responsible for solving challenging design and development problems -- creating scalable, performant, resilient and secure services that are used by most of our workplace offerings. You will work together with some of the most highly skilled software professionals in the business designing, building, and maintaining globally available software that serves millions of people and processes millions of data points each and every day.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work directly with our fast-moving, highly collaborative team of Business Analysts, Software Engineers and Platform Leads/Architects to design and implement the next generation of workflow services
- Solve challenging problems
- Design, build and maintain the workflow micro-services offering
- Develop clean, readable code with adequate test coverage
- Share your expertise and help grow other team members
- Continue to learn, explore and research
- Multiple years of experience in developing RESTful microservices.
- Rock solid experience with Java, with knowledge of Spring Framework. You know how to apply best practices. Spring Boot experience is preferred.
- Experience with Cloud based Software-as-a-Service applications.
- Experience with RabbitMQ, Kafka or similar messaging technology
- Experience writing and implementing unit, system, and integration tests.
- Strong debugging and problem solving skills.
- Clear communicator who works well in a team setting.
- Experience with relational and nonrelational databases
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and public cloud deployment platforms
- Experience with UI development; knowledge of Angular framework is a plus
- Proficiency with tools including: Git, Concourse
- Familiar with Agile software development practices
- A BA in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field of study is preferred
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software is committed to complying with all applicable provisions of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (“AODA”). It is the Company’s policy not to discriminate against any qualified Peep or applicant with regard to any terms or conditions of employment on the basis of such individual’s disability. Consistent with this policy of non-discrimination, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations to an individual with a disability, as defined in the AODA or applicable law, who has made the Company aware of his/her disability, unless doing so would cause an undue hardship to the Company. If you are an applicant and need a reasonable accommodation when applying for job opportunities within the Company or request a reasonable accommodation to utilize the Company’s online employment application, please firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to top