Senior Full Stack Java Engineer
What do Outback Steakhouse, Pep Boys, and the Major League Baseball Network all have in common? They are paid with the software you could be building! At Ultimate Software, we build a cloud enterprise human capital management solution that can scale and perform on an as-needed basis.
We are growing our Product Development team like crazy. We need to make UltiPro the best it can be for our customers (over 2,600!), and in order to do that, we need additional talent. What a great problem to have, right? That’s where you come in!
As a Senior Full stack Software Engineer at Ultimate, you’ll be embedded on a development team consisting between 8-30 people where you can work on the next generation of internet software. You’ll get to work directly with other Developers, Software Testers, Business Analysts, Product Managers, and Directors, all of whom make up the team. In this highly-collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to grow as a software engineer, and even help mentor others. Are you ready to get started? Apply Today!
Software engineering at Ultimate:https://youtu.be/fy5l8lWJbqQ
Take a look at our company culture:https://youtu.be/JrHGFIWX2R4
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2018 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing and developing microservices using event driven architectures
- Partnering with other engineers and technical leadership to build high quality software following industry best practices
- Participate in the overall design and architecture of Ultimate Software’s next generation product activations platform
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience with distributed systems in a production environment
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working with messaging technologies such as RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ or Apache Kafka
- Minimum of 1 year experience working with containerization technologies such as Docker
- Experience deploying microservices on container platforms such as Cloud Foundry, Google App Engine, Google Cloud Platform or Kubernetes
- Minimum of 3-5 years using working with NoSQL datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, CouchBase, CouchDb, etc..
- Knowledge of the SOLID development principles
- Knowledge of CAP Theorem
- Experience with microservices or SOA patterns
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design a plus
- Knowledge of event sourcing and CQRS a plus
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Teamwork is a must
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Back to top