Senior Director Of Financial planning & Analysis
The Senior Director of Financial Planning & Analysis ("FP&A") will oversee the entire FP&A team and will be responsible for all output from that team, as well as ensuring that the underlying processes effectively produce top quality results, including, but not limited to, the financial model used for internal business planning and for financial guidance provided to Wall Street and the investment community.
Take a look at what our employees are saying: http://youtu.be/JrHGFIWX2R4
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Cohesive integration of the various business processes of Ultimate's financial planning model ("Model").
- Continuously implement process improvements while ensuring quality, timeliness, reliability, and usefulness of information.
- Implement a procedure manual for Financial Planning & Analysis ("FP&A"), to be maintained by the applicable members of the FP&A team.
- Incorporate Ultimate's business strategy in a working Model and leverage each of the business units' operational knowledge and data to devise and execute the Model.
- Identify areas of opportunity to reach Ultimate's overall financial goals and objectives.
- Present and execute new concepts to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of financial planning
- Responsible for implementing and overseeing TM1 Project.
- Monthly review of budget to actual results, including evaluation of historical trends and understanding the business sufficiently to identify potential issues that need to be resolved before finalizing the financial results. Issue monthly review notes to the Accounting and Finance personnel to resolve.
- 7+ years' experience managing other professionals/managers
- 3+ years at a Big 4 accounting firm in an Audit role
- Experience in implementing new Accounting or Financial Planning Systems
- Able to see the "big picture" for business strategy and execution
- Surface issues for resolution through financial analyses and review of operational data
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong Excel skills
- Highly effective leadership abilities – mentors and develops staff
- Builds teams and fosters collaboration
- Excellent analytical skills
- Thinks on his/her feet
- Calm under high pressure
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Able to adapt to continually changing organizational structures and needs
- Futuristic thinker
- TM1 experience
- CPA license
Travel Requirement: None
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top