Senior Devops Engineer
We are looking for Senior DevOps engineers to work on building, operating, and scaling next generation products in the arenas of Big Data, Hadoop, Data Warehousing, and end user Business Intelligence
Ultimate Software is a leading provider of cloud-based human capital management solutions. We have 4500 employees around the US and Canada, and our UltiPro platform services over 3700 customers in 160 countries. Traded on the Nasdaq as ULTI.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2018 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Own the building, administering, maintaining, monitoring, and scaling a big data - data warehouse platform based on the Hadoop ecosystem with primary use cases around supporting data science, analytics, reporting, and other data-driven functionality across the organization
- Pipeline development in support of automating CI/CD
- Developing and embedding metrics in applications and environments to support multiple development and support teams’ visibility into environment/product health
- Establish capabilities to monitor / alert appropriate teams using department architectural guidelines
- Provide objective insight to development team for driving down escalations, team efficiencies, and product uptime
- 8+ years total in software engineering, software quality engineering, and/or IT roles
- 5+ years hands-on CI/CD and/or DevOps type roles
- 5+ years hands-on SaaS and/or Cloud hosting of software development activities
- Experience with variety configuration management tools (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Bosh)
- Experience with variety of pipeline creations tools (TeamCity, Concourse, etc.)
- Experience with various database and storage systems (e.g. HDFS, MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch)
- Experience with variety of logging/visualization management tools (ELK, Grafana, etc.)
- Experience with administering / monitoring infrastructure on bare metal, private/public cloud or hybrids (Google Cloud, AWS, Open Stack, VM’s, etc.)
- Experience with containerization and related technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Strong interpersonal skills that can drive conversations in cross-team efforts towards consensus and action
- Can work autonomously with minimal direction
- Strong communication skills, with ability to cater discussions to all levels in organization (individual contributors, team leads, manager, director, VP)
- Ready to take on on-call responsibilities to help firefight when needed
- High EQ and a balance of ideal / realistic ideas based on team and project priorities
- Comfortable working on a team of people with diverse viewpoints and backgrounds
- Experience with Hortonworks Hadoop distribution ecosystem
- Experience using Team City, Concourse, Grafana, ELK and associated languages
- Degree in computer science, software engineering, Information Technology or equivalent related experience
- Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Back to top