Senior Database Engineer
Are you a Senior Database Engineer with a passion for researching, designing and developing data-driven services and web applications that customers value? Do you care deeply about data integrity, systems performance and all of the details that make enterprise applications possible? Apply today to join Ultimate Software's Product Development team.
The opportunity requires you to be able to contribute at a senior level, to design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug complex database issues, at the enterprise level. You'll get to work directly with other Database Engineers, Testers, Developers, Business Analysts, Product Managers, and team Directors, all of whom make up the team. Enjoy a fast paced environment with the stability and award winning culture that exemplifies Ultimate Software.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Apply Now to join our Award Winning Product Development Team!
Software engineering at Ultimate Software: http://youtu.be/fy5l8lWJbqQ
Take a look at our company culture: https://youtu.be/JrHGFIWX2R4
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborates with software team in designing, planning and implementing relational and non-relational data-driven features and functionality based on project requirements.
- Develops and optimizes stored procedures, complex queries, scripts and database programming for enterprise systems.
- Assists in identifying and implementing process improvements for database performance, reliability and stability.
- Researches, reviews, and analyzes the effectiveness and efficiency of existing database architecture.
- Consults with various business groups in the organization to facilitate implementation of new or improved database processes.
- Extensive SQL experience: creating tables, views, stored procedures, triggers, T-SQL, dynamic SQL, indexes, and data constraints
- Experience with other relational and non-relational data persistence platforms: PostGres, MongoDB, MySQL, Data Security
- Performance tuning, optimization, scalability, and data modeling experience to ensure efficiency of our products and services
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving abilities
- Self-motivated and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done
- Team player with an ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- High degree of self-motivation to learn new methodologies that will enhance job performance
- A BS in Computer Science, Information Technology or related field of study is preferred
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top