Senior Data Engineer
We are looking for experienced Data Engineers to work on building, operating, and scaling next generation data platforms and tools that will power data-driven capabilities throughout the entire organization, spanning areas such as business intelligence and reporting, data science, and data analytics.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's “Best Places to Work in Technology” for 2018 and #3 on the “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune’s “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” for 2018 and #3 on its "Best Workplaces for Diversity” list for 2017.
Note: The work location for this position is for our San Francisco office. Relocation assistance will be provided to the hired applicant.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for hands-on development of frameworks and applications for large-scale data processing
- You will be expected to influence technical direction for the team, leveraging your prior experiences and helping evaluate emerging technologies and approaches
- You will help bring engineering maturity to a growing team that is at the center of a lot of critical initiatives for the company
- Significant experience doing hands-on development
- Understanding of distributed systems driving large-scale data processing and analytics
- Familiarity or expertise with technologies like Hadoop (and related ecosystem), Spark, Kafka
- Experience shipping production code and working on real running systems at scale
- Experience building operational data pipelines
- Ability to work both collaboratively and autonomously
- Ability to communicate effectively (listening, presenting, and questioning)
- Strong organizational, written, and communication skills
- Exposure to large-scale stream processing systems
- Deep expertise with one of the major Hadoop distributions (Hortonworks, Cloudera, etc.)
- Experience working in hybrid private / public cloud environments
- Experience working with Java-based technologies and frameworks
- Development experience with one or more of Java, Scala, Python
- Experience working with data science
- Experience working with BI and data warehousing tools
- Experience working with enterprise data, where security is paramount and data governance is critical
- Experience with event-driven architectures
- Experience working with Agile methodologies
- Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding (e.g. physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
- Limited travel upon request (less than 5%)
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Back to top