Senior Cloud Operations Engineer
We need to make UltiPro the best it can be for our customers (over 3000 businesses use UltiPro!), and in order to do that, we need to scale ourselves out. We are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer who is passionate about technology, passionate about customer service, passionate about quality, and truly enjoys what they do. That's where YOU come in!
As a Senior Cloud Engineer you will be part of a team responsible for managing, running, extending, and caring for Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) within Ultimate Software and its components. PCF will run the latest and greatest Ultimate Software products. The team is also responsible for running the next generation of developer tools within Ultimate Software, such as Concourse (PCF tile for Continuous Integration) and Artifactory (package management).
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2016. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Start your day off right by meeting with your teammates to review PCF metrics and dashboards all to make sure that yesterday's challenges are today's wins!
- Jump on Slack and help out our Customers on problems they may be facing.
- Contribute to day-to-day operations of several Pivotal Cloud Foundry deployments, keeping them available and secure.
- Create and maintain automation code in bash, Ruby, Python, or Go to increase operator efficiency.
- After lunch, get together with your Business Analyst, Product Manager, and fellow Cloud Engineers at the planning meetings to review the roadmap and plan for how to make sure we are offering the most efficient and scalable platform for our development teams.
- The team only gets stronger at monthly/quarterly retrospective meetings where your small ideas can have a big impact on how your teams days are going
- When the day is over, by using our internal communication portal, Ulti Home, you plan on playing poker, volunteering, or going on a run with other Ulti Peeps!
- Participate in on-call rotation for emergency PCF issues
- Experience performing system administration tasks on Linux and shell scripting
- Experience creating Continuous Integration pipelines (e.g. Team city, Concourse, Jenkins)
- Experience with a configuration management tool such as Chef, Ansible, Bosh, etc
- Deep understanding of networking, especially in virtualized environments
- Experience running/managing a Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solution in an enterprise environment (e.g. Cloud Foundry, Heroku, etc)
- Familiarity with Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) applications (e.g. OpenStack, vSphere, Amazon Web Services, etc) is a plus
- Familiarity with Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, IT or a related field is a plus
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top