Senior Business Analyst
Ultimate Software is seeking a Senior Business Analyst with a talent and passion for collaboration. You will be joining our award-winning Development team where you will participate in the design, implementation and testing of our innovative cloud-based Human Capital Management software solution. As a Senior Business Analyst, you will be an essential member of a cutting-edge Agile team focused specifically on the Onboarding of new customers. You will be working with some of the most highly skilled Software Engineers and Product Managers in the business, creating incredibly high quality software for our customers.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of the delivery of features/capabilities through the software development process
- Participate in customer meetings with Product Managers to achieve understanding of customer ideas/issues
- Research & refine functional requirements, communicating directly with customers in collaboration with Product Managers
- Lead the creation of designs with Product Manager input
- Create and collaborate on detailed functional designs, using Agile methodologies and tools
- Thorough requirements backlog development reflecting upcoming priorities
- Story writing including acceptance criteria and conditions of satisfaction
- Understand and triage customer issues, defects, enhancement requests and backlog items conducting any necessary technical research or team collaboration and prioritizing appropriately
- Create materials (presentations, demos, design artifacts) to help train additional teams on new functionality
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner, or BA, preferably for software product development.
- Experience in leadership over a BA team providing oversight and mentorship.
- Knowledge of all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle, with an emphasis on requirements elicitation, preferably in an agile software development environment.
- 3+ years of experience working with Global HCM Software preferred
- Strong analytical skills to understand business requirements and decompose into more granular level requirements
- Proven ability to lead diverse groups of resources to solution agreement by leveraging influencing skills to drive consensus
- Effective communication skills; listening, written and verbal; ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
Travel Requirement: Limited travel upon request
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top