We are looking for someone with a security devops background to join our elite team of security professionals and help us to take our security automations to the next level. The ideal candidate understands the day to day challenges in security static code analysis and can work, in collaboration with the application security architects, to automate and manage the security devops toolset.
As a security analyst in Ultimate Software, you will join a team of top talented engineers with the goal to secure our organization infrastructure, application and data. You will collaborate with developers and other members of the security organization to build highly secure systems and applications to hold our customer data. You will own the security automation aspects of new systems and applications – getting all the support you need along the way. Finally, You will provide appropriate feedback to the development teams so they can incorporate security controls into the applications
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Integrate or improve current integration of applications to security devops tool sets
- Tune security devops tools to improve accuracy and reduce false positives
- Support the maintenance of the necessary infrastructure to run security devops tools
- Evaluate new tools, and their potential cost vs benefit to Ultimate Software
- Automate integrations between security devops tools and the development and QA team tool sets.
- Document necessary processes around activities
- Familiarity with Python/Ruby/Bash to automate tasks
- Comfortable to read code and quickly understand flows and patterns
- Experience with source code control repositories (e.g. Git, Subversion, TFS) a plus
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment
- Desire to learn and evolve in the security field
- Familiarity with Linux Operation Systems
- Understanding of OWASP TOP 10 vulnerabilities, how they work and how to avoid them
- Familiarity with the Common Weakness Enumeration and the recommended mitigations
- Experience to implement, architect, and maintain secure static code analysis solutions
- Experience integrating security automations in software pipelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
Travel Requirement: None
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top