As a Security Analyst, you will be monitoring infiltration attempts, analyzing logs and ensure infiltration attempts are identified and dealt with in a timely manner. You will be analyzing security events, conducting incident response and investigation. You will also help to build our detection and response capabilities, and continuously evolve the team to be more efficient through the creation of tools.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2019 and #2 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2020. Ultimate is also ranked #2 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #9 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list. Learn more about US here: www.ultimatesoftware.com/careers
You will be part of the global security operations center team that provides 24/7 coverage of our enterprise applications. Working 5-days of day shift/weekends is expected.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Continuously monitor assets and respond to active threats to and within the enterprise.
- Detect, report, assess, and respond to information security incidents.
- Develop and maintain detection content to detect nefarious activities within the enterprise.
- Perform analysis of log files from a variety of sources (e.g., individual host logs, network traffic logs, firewall logs, and intrusion detection system logs) to identify possible threats.
- Conducting incident response and investigation.
- Identify root cause of cybersecurity incidents.
- Develop detections and response playbooks.
- Continuously improve processes through automation and tools creation.
- Experience in traffic and log analysis.
- Familiar with tools such as Elastic Search or EDR solutions.
- Good understanding of computer security, network and operating systems.
- Experience in script programming (PowerShell, Python).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge in forensic analysis is a plus.
- Knowledge in malware analysis is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Security or a related discipline.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience. At least 2 years of relevant experience. Candidates without relevant experience but with good cybersecurity knowledge may also be considered.
- Less than 5%
Beware of phishing or suspicious messages that appear to come from a trusted or known source and that asks for personal information, account information or requests that you send money to cover expenses associated with a job or otherwise. Ultimate Software does not ask for this information from our job applicants or candidates and never asks for any applicant or candidate to send money.
It has come to our attention that some people have been contacted online by persons impersonating job recruiters for Ultimate Software. These fraudulent “recruiters” have used Gmail accounts to contact, and have requested personal information, such as depositing a check to purchase work-related supplies. These are not legitimate recruiters or job offers, and do not represent Ultimate Software. To safely apply for and view open positions at Ultimate Software, please click “Apply" and follow the instructions. Note that our recruiter emails always come from an officialultimatesoftware.comemail address.
If you suspect you have been the victim of this or a related fraud, immediately contact your financial institution, and then file a complaint with the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center atwww.ic3.gov. If you shared other personal or sensitive information, you may need to take additional actions relative to what was shared. Your local law enforcement department may also be able to assist. For any general security related questions regarding Ultimate, feel free to email@example.com.
Back to top