Revenue Accountant - Implementation
The Revenue Accountant is responsible for the revenue accounting process for assigned areas. This position will review SaaS Agreements, Amendments, Supplements, and other contracts provided by the Post-Sales Department throughout the month to ensure proper accounting treatment. This position will perform monthly and quarterly close activities for revenue, reconcile and validate revenue, prepare required journal entries, analyze data, and prepare reports for auditors and management. The Revenue Accountant will interact amongst various departments such as contract administration, operations, and external auditors. Position reports to the Revenue Supervisor.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviewing sales contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
- Analyze and understand various service/product offerings and revenue streams to ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Maintain monthly revenue accounting close efforts for assigned areas, including assurance of accurate and timely results and preparation of auditable revenue and deferred revenue account reconciliations.
- Creating efficiencies in assigned processes while maintaining effectiveness on an on-going basis.
- Support various special projects as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of US GAAP.
- Detail-oriented with excellent analytic skills and interest in continuous process improvement.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail required.
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Excel.
- BS in Accounting
- CPA or working towards a CPA preferred
- Understanding of accounting guidelines for SaaS revenue recognition preferred
Travel Requirement: None
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top