Revenue Accountant - Contract
The Revenue Accountant is responsible for the revenue accounting process for assigned areas. This position will review SaaS Agreements, Amendments, Supplements, and other contracts provided by the Post-Sales Department throughout the month to ensure proper accounting treatment, as well as perform monthly and quarterly close activities for revenue. The Revenue Accountant will interact amongst various departments such as contract administration, sales, legal, professional services, customer support and external auditors. Position reports to the Revenue Supervisor.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reading and recording sales contracts and reduce contract related issues to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
- Analyze and understand various service/product offerings and revenue streams to ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Prepare and review customer invoices in a timely manner in accordance with contractual agreements.
- Follow company billing practices to ensure invoice accuracy and proper revenue recognition.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports for management upon request.
- Creating efficiencies in assigned processes while maintaining effectiveness on an on-going basis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail required
- Ability to manage priorities and meet deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented with excellent analytic skills and interest in continuous process improvement
- Strong Excel skills
- BS in Accounting
- CPA or working towards a CPA preferred
- Understanding of accounting guidelines for SaaS revenue recognition preferred
Travel Requirement: None
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top