Regional events Program Manager, Canada
Ultimate Software is a SaaS company that offers human capital management solutions that help companies build People First workplaces. To expand its North American presence, the company has a new focus on driving growth in Canada. The Canadian Marketing Team plays a critical role in this initiative by promoting Ultimate's brand narrative and generating demand through the use of strategic channels to engage with target prospective customers.
To boost our continued growth, Ultimate Software is seeking an experienced Regional Events Program Manager to build, plan, and execute Canadian tradeshows and marketing events. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing for Canada, this role is a great opportunity to make an impact in a high-growth area for the company.
The ideal person for this role brings creativity and innovation to the tradeshow and event experience; embraces measurable success targets; seizes new opportunities for improvement, and operates with the company goals always in mind. He/she has a nuanced understanding and previous success in delivering great tradeshows and events. In addition, he/she is highly collaborative, working very closely with his/her sales, solutions consultants, inside sales, and marketing peers to deliver engaging customer and prospect experiences.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and manage all event logistics for regional tradeshows and marketing events for English- and French-speaking audiences
- Drive project schedules, and oversee functions including event planning and event management
- Partners with and manages vendors to ensure that initiatives meet objectives
- Drive promotions of tradeshows and events through email, social, web, and other marketing channels
- Recommends appropriate messages and tactics; applies product and market knowledge throughout the process
- Manage tradeshow booths and coordinate with sales, inside sales, solution consultants, product, and marketing to staff events and schedule booth assignments, include demos
- Measures, evaluates, and reports on the strategic effectiveness of events against goals and provides guidance on continuous improvement
- Tracks and adheres to budget and continuously seeks ways to optimize event investments
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to determine appropriate collateral, budget allocation, sponsorships, promotions, and staffing for each event
- Researches and identifies event marketing opportunities
- Maintains and enhances knowledge of events and tradeshow industry trends and best-in-class practices and leads the adoption of new practices that drive company goals
- 5+ years of proven success in planning and executing tradeshows and marketing events
- Exceptional project management and budget management skills
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal and written communication skills to ensure stakeholders are working together to deliver a customer focused high-quality event
- Extensive experience in promoting events (email, social, web, and other channels) and tracking success metrics via Salesforce.com and Eloqua or other marketing automation systems
- Fluent in English and Canadian French; ability to manage and execute tradeshows and events in the English-speaking and French-speaking Canadian provinces
- Experience working in B2B SaaS a plus
- Passion for the customer
- Attention to detail
Education/Certification/License: Bachelor's degree
Travel Requirement: 30-40% travel to Canadian locations.
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top