PS activations, Manager
Overall responsibility for leading and managing the activities of the Payment Services Activation team. This position is responsible for managing the people, processes and technology required to successfully complete the activation effort timely and accurately. This position will be responsible for sponsoring technology initiatives to improve the operational performance of the team and improve the customer's experience. Actively participate in the resolution of day to day issues that arise, including problems with customers, third parties (i.e. tax jurisdictions), internal teams and our internal systems as needed. This position is responsible for the timely and accurate activation of each customer so the customer processes without errors and is properly on boarded to fully utilize all the Payment Services capabilities.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities : Other duties may be assigned from time to time.
- Develop strong relationships and alignment with our internal payroll partners; Workplace and Enterprise workgroups.
- Ensure that all customer current period and prior period data is balanced with the customer's prior activity and UltiPro records, allowing the customer to process through at quarter/year end with all the variances related to prior provider data previously addressed.
- The accurate and timely capture of customer tax-ids, deposit frequencies, and employer specific tax rates with sufficient documentation to enable USG to define it's actions with third parties without further contact from our customers.
- Drive the establishment and refinement of the Ultimate Software Payment Services activation methodology and best practices
- Oversee and manage the customer activation projects
- Generate operational metrics to communicate and manage the performance of the activation team
- Coordinate and deliver customer tax activation training
- Work with customer and WP/ENT Activation teams to ensure Payment Services live date is met
- Responsible for the overall success of the tax filing activation project and customer satisfaction
- Monitor customer through the activation process and transition to the Named Tax Representative within the Payment Service organization. Participate in customer turnover to Payment Services support team as needed.
- Works with existing customers to assist with re-organization changes and identify tax filing requirements for mergers & acquisitions, successor/predecessor, Common Pay Agent or Common Pay Master change projects.
- Provide backup to Payment Services team and after hours work as necessary
- 10+ years of payroll and payroll tax industry experience
- 5+ years United States multi-state and local payroll tax filing experiences
- Experience with tax filing requirements for mergers & acquisitions, successor/predecessor, Common Pay Master, or Common Pay Agent required
- Previous experience using MasterTax payroll tax software is a plus
- 5+ years in a management role
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Working knowledge of UltiPro is a plus
- Process/operational excellence experience is a plus
- 3-5 years garnishment experience preferred
- 2-5 years service or product implementation experience preferred
- Experience with Canada tax filing a plus
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation is desirable
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
- Highly motivated and team oriented
- Management Experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent work experience with be considered for the position
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top