Project Manager Level II
We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. Are you a person that gets energized by orchestrating numerous complex projects to a successful resolution? Do you enjoy a dynamic environment that allows you to leverage your leadership and expertise to serve our stakeholders and sponsors with their most critical projects? Then you may be the right person to be one of our Project Manager ninjas that can cut through the red tape, keep focus on the key issues and risks and deliver stellar results to the business and our customers. Ultimate Software is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join this fast-paced PMO team.
Qualified candidates possess broad experience managing technical and critical business related projects in the HR and Payroll domain. This position demands strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, while working with current and emerging technologies, and managing team dynamics. Creating and fostering strong relationships and partnering with our business units is the key to your success in this role. Individuals with HR and Payroll experience will be given the highest consideration.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Partners with business owners, team members and other key personnel across various departments to plan, develop and manage key operational, technical and strategic business projects.
- Ensure project plans and related activities support key organizational business objectives and major deliverables.
- Facilitate appropriate communication methods and tracking tools to ensure identification and management of risks, mitigation strategies, plan activities, dependencies, impacts, escalation channels, financial budget and detailed project documentation.
- Has a strong background and understanding of software, technology and operations.
- Serves as primary point of contact for project team.
- Resolve project issues to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction expectations.
- Responsible for overseeing and consolidating overall project status reporting to executive management.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and prioritize work requests for effective resource management.
- Contribute to, support, and promote identification of best practices, and use of all project management tools, techniques, and methodologies within the PMO.
- Responsible for adhering to all relevant ISO ISMS policies and procedures.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Project Management, Management and / or Supervision
- 3-5 years' experience in successfully leading and managing multiple small to medium size key operational and strategic business projects, with varying complexity and moderate impact
- Experience in obtaining resources needed to effectively complete project assignments & tasks in a matrix organization
- Proven collaborative leadership with effective negotiation, interpersonal and partnering skills
- Seasoned project planning skills with the ability to handle large workload, the ability to anticipate required tasks & milestones, and facilitate the activities of dynamic, dispersed workgroups
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of project management lifecycle, tools and techniques
- Proficient with MSExcel, MSWord, Visio, PowerPoint, SmartSheet and MSProject.
- Technical background and experience
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Business analysis methodologies and experience.
- Software development lifecycle and/or technical/infrastructure planning, monitoring and controlling
- Application deployment & information systems planning.
- Working knowledge of physical and virtual servers, load balancers, networks and switches, firewalls, and storage a plus when working with Data Center technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or combination of education and experience in a business discipline (HR, Finance, Project Management) and training
- Project Management Certification preferred (PMP).
Travel Requirement: 5-10%
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top