Project Manager Level II
Are you a person that gets energized by orchestrating numerous complex projects to a successful resolution? Do you enjoy a dynamic environment that allows you to leverage your leadership and expertise to serve our stakeholders and sponsors with their most critical projects? Then you may be the right person to be one of our Project Manager ninjas that can cut through the red tape, keep focus on the key issues and risks and deliver stellar results to the business and our customers. Ultimate Software is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join this fast-paced PMO team. Our PMO team provides leadership and organization for key operational and strategic business projects, which typically cross multiple divisions within the company. This Project Manager role crosses all processes and phases of the project management lifecycle.
Qualified candidates possess broad experience managing technical and critical business related projects in the HR and Payroll domain. This position demands strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, while working with current and emerging technologies, and managing team dynamics. Excellent project management skills, team orientation, flexibility, innovative thinking, and self-motivation are required for success in our matrix environment. Creating and fostering strong relationships and partnering with our business units is the key to your success in this role. Individuals with HR and Payroll experience will be given the highest consideration.
Ultimate is ranked #1 in FORTUNE’s Best Places to Work in Technology for 2016 and #15 for 100 “Best Places to Work For in 2016.” This is the 5th year in a row we have been ranked on FORTUNE’s list. We were #21 in 2015, #20 in 2014, and #9 in 2013. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials” and #8 on Forbes magazine’s 2016 list of the “Most Innovative Growth Companies.”
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Partners with business owners, team members and other key personnel across various departments to plan, develop and manage key operational, technical and strategic business projects.
- Able to independently create complex project and risk plans by analyzing the business needs and understanding how to partner and prepare for software delivery.
- Ensure project plans and related activities support key organization business objectives and major deliverables.
- Facilitate appropriate communication methods and tracking tools to ensure identification and management of risks, mitigation strategies, plan activities, dependencies, impacts, escalation channels, financial budget and detailed project documentation.
- Identify appropriate resources for definition and validation requirements / specifications within project scope.
- Serves as primary point of contact for project team.
- Resolve project issues to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction expectations.
- Manage Statement of Work (3rd party vendor) through project lifecycle to ensure all contracted deliverables have been achieved.
- Responsible for overseeing and consolidating overall project status reporting to executive management.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and prioritize work requests for effective resource management.
- Contribute to, support, and promote identification of best practices, and use of all project management tools, techniques, and methodologies within the PMO.
- Responsible for adhering to all relevant ISO ISMS policies and procedures.
- Support our company’s project management best practices and provide feedback to improve the processes.
- Participate in regular team meetings / activities, as appropriate.
- Support and assist team members in process improvements.
- Support the performance review process for each team member.
- Provide open, honest, and candid feedback within Ultimate Software.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Project Management, Management and / or Supervision
- 3-5 years experience in successfully leading and managing multiple small to medium size key operational and strategic business projects, with varying complexity and moderate impact
- Experience in obtaining resources needed to effectively complete project assignments & tasks in a matrix organization
- Proven collaborative leadership with effective negotiation, interpersonal and partnering skills
- Seasoned project planning skills with the ability to handle large workload, the ability to anticipate required tasks & milestones, and facilitate the activities of dynamic, dispersed workgroups
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Working knowledge of project management lifecycle, tools and techniques
- Proficient with MSExcel, MSWord, Visio, PowerPoint, SmartSheet and MSProject.
- 3-5 years of managing HR and Payroll related projects preferred
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, JIRA and collaborative project management tools preferred
- Experience with Kanban, Agile and Scrum methodologies preferred
- Business analysis methodologies and experience preferred
- Software development lifecycle and/or technical/infrastructure planning, monitoring and controlling
- Application deployment & information systems planning
- Comfortable with change – know how and when to be effective, successful change agents
- Proven leadership with effective negotiation, interpersonal and partnering skills
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills
- Prior experience managing virtual projects and team members a plus
- High degree of organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail
- Team oriented for collaboration
- Excellent ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines and ambiguous requirements
- Strong, effective decision-making skills
- Ability to determine the right resources needed to effectively perform job assignments
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or combination of education and experience in a business discipline (HR, Finance, Project Management) and training
- Project Management Certification preferred (PMP).
Travel Requirement: 5%
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top