Ultimate Software is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our fast-paced PMO team. Our PMO team provides leadership and organization for key operational and strategic business projects, which typically cross multiple divisions within the company. This Project Manager role crosses all processes and phases of the project management lifecycle.
Qualified candidates possess broad experience managing technical and critical business related projects. This position demands strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, while working with current and emerging technologies, and managing team dynamics. Excellent project management skills, team orientation, flexibility, innovative thinking, and self-motivation are required for success.
This is your opportunity to capitalize on the project management wisdom and insight you have achieved! Our company is growing and our Project Management Office has opportunities providing both challenges and recognition for your successes. Apply online now for our Project Manager position.
Ultimate is ranked #1 on FORTUNE's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 for "100 Best Places to Work For" in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #5 on the inaugural list of "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials," #5 on Fortune's "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity," and #8 on Forbes magazine's 2016 list of "Most Innovative Growth Companies."
Primary Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Partners with business owners, team members and other key personnel across various departments to plan, develop and manage key operational, technical and strategic business projects.
- Ensure project plans and related activities support key organization business objectives and major deliverables.
- Facilitate appropriate communication methods and tracking tools to ensure identification and management of risks, mitigation strategies, plan activities, dependencies, impacts, escalation channels, financial budget and detailed project documentation.
- Identify appropriate resources for definition and validation requirements / specifications within project scope.
- Has a strong background and understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Serves as primary point of contact for project team.
- Resolve project issues to meet productivity, quality, and customer satisfaction expectations.
- Manage Statement of Work (3rd party vendor) through project lifecycle to ensure all contracted deliverables have been achieved.
- Responsible for overseeing and consolidating overall project status reporting to executive management.
- Evaluate, negotiate, and prioritize work requests for effective resource management.
- Contribute to, support, and promote identification of best practices, and use of all project management tools, techniques, and methodologies within the PMO.
- Responsible for adhering to all relevant ISO ISMS policies and procedures.
- Support our company's project management best practices and provide feedback to improve the processes.
- Participate in regular team meetings / activities, as appropriate.
- Support and assist team members in process improvements.
- Support the performance review process for each team member.
- Provide open, honest, and candid feedback within Ultimate Software.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Project Management, Management and / or Supervision.
- Technical background and expertise in managing technical infrastructure, data centers, technical operations, and networking projects.
- 3-5 years' experience in successfully leading and managing multiple medium to large size key technical, operational and strategic business projects, with varying complexity and moderate impact.
- Understanding of Product Development processes, go to market strategies, and launch readiness techniques.
- Working knowledge of project management lifecycle, tools and techniques.
- Must have working knowledge of MSExcel, MSWord, and MSProject.
- Proven leadership with effective negotiation, interpersonal and partnering skills.
- Strong written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- High degree of organizational and time management skills, with attention to detail.
- Team oriented for collaboration.
- Excellent ability to handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines and ambiguous requirements.
- Strong, effective decision-making skills.
- Ability to determine the right resources needed to effectively perform job assignments.
- Comfortable with change – know how and when to be effective, successful change agents.
- Technical background and experience
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Business analysis methodologies and experience.
- Software development lifecycle and/or technical/infrastructure planning, monitoring and controlling
- Application deployment & information systems planning.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or combination of education and experience in a business discipline (HR, Finance, Project Management) and training
- Project Management Certification preferred (PMP).
Travel Requirement: 15%
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top