Ultimate Software is seeking a Program Manager to manage key operational and strategic business improvement technology programs across multiple divisions. This position demands strong organizational skills and problem-solving expertise, while working with current technologies, and managing team dynamics. Excellent project and program management skills, team orientation, flexibility, innovative thinking, and self-motivation are required for success. This is your opportunity to capitalize on the project and program management wisdom and insight you have achieved!
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's Best Places to Work in Technology for 2018 and #3 on the 100 Best Companies to Work For list in 2018. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on Fortune’s 75 Best Workplaces for Women and #3 on its Best Workplaces for Diversity list.
Primary/Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities:
- Daily program management throughout the program lifecycle;
- Define and monitor the program governance (controls);
- Planning the overall program and monitor the progress;
- Managing the program’s budget;
- Managing risks and issues and create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning of assigned projects/programs.
- Coordinating the projects and their interdependencies;
- Align project resources.
- Assist with project management as needed.
- Assists with project prioritization, future application roadmap and strategy.
- Managing and utilizing resources across projects;
- Managing stakeholders’ communication;
- Managing and monitor all program and project documentations.
(Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- 9 years of IT work experience, including 6 years managing projects.
- Superior project and program planning skills with the ability to handle large workload under tight deadlines.
- Excellent analytical, communication, organizational, time management, problem-solving, and decision-making skills. ï,· Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools, resource management practices and change management techniques.
- Knowledge of the software development process, including requirements gathering, analysis and design, development tools and technologies, release and version control, contemporary testing methodologies, and deployment management.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong conceptual and creative skills.
- Solid project management skills, and the ability to multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills at all levels of management.
- Ability to blend creativity, problem solving, and technical skills for refining existing theories or developing new approaches.
- Ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others, and gains understanding.
- Ability to communicate needs and schedules to IT leadership and stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or combination of education and experience in IS or related field.
- Minimum of 6 years of related experience managing programs /or IT Management experience, including all management aspects
- Require scheduling and moderately complex budgeting experience including tracking actuals against budget, estimate to complete (ETC) and estimate at complete (EAC)
- Strong organizational and presentation skills
- Excellent written, analytical, problem solving and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Motivated, self-directed, results-oriented, and customer-focused
- Detail oriented and possess a desire for quality
- Experience in managing distributed team members
- Working knowledge of software development life cycles (agile, waterfall, iterative)
- Strong vendor management experience
- Preferred Certifications:
- Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- Program Management Professional (PgMP)®
- Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)SM
- PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)®
- Experience with Software development lifecycle, application deployment and information systems planning.
- Working knowledge of collaboration and project management tools.
- No unique physical demands are required for this job.
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Ultimate Software will reasonably accommodate employees with disabilities as defined by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and other appropriate statutes.
Back to top