Ultimate Software is looking for an experienced Program Manager who thrives in a fast paced, collaborative environment. This is a key role for a results-oriented person with the ability to communicate and negotiate effectively, encourage sound decision-making, and assist the teams he/she works with in successfully delivering on commitments. The Product Program Manager will be responsible for facilitating roadmap planning, product launch management and reporting, and overall launch readiness within their product line. The role requires a person who can build strong relationships, has a strong technical foundation, and is highly functional in a dynamic and challenging environment. Must be able to manage conflict and tradeoffs and be able to quickly assess the impact of changes and risks to drive creative solutions. Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
Here at Ultimate Software, we truly put our people first. We strongly believe in teamwork, and we encourage and trust our people to reach higher, learn more, and live up to their potential. Ultimate is ranked #1 on Fortune's "Best Places to Work in Technology" for 2017 and #7 on the "100 Best Companies to Work For" list in 2017. Ultimate is also ranked #1 on the Fortune's "100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" for 2017 and #5 on its "50 Best Workplaces for Diversity" list for 2016.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, manage, and achieve alignment across the product roadmap
- Plan, scope, initiate, track and report on product launches within their product line whether new or existing products
- Create visualizations and presentations that convey key milestones and dependencies across Product and Development senior leadership
- Manage change - as changes to the portfolio are proposed, lead the impact analysis, considering short and long-term trade-offs, benefits and risks, then synthesize and communicate options to senior leadership to facilitate decision-making
- Manage deliverables and dependencies within their product line
- Track key milestones during product development and manage any schedule or scope risks, by building and creating solid mitigation plans to ensure on-time delivery of committed deliverables.
- Provide information, support, direction, and problem-solving to the teams, as needed, in a manner that provides positive solutions, and if needed, adjusts current processes to improve the delivery, coordination, or quality of the projects
- Provide visibility, reporting and key metrics around key initiatives and products within their product line
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience with planning, managing, tracking and reporting on complex product launches for the full product launch life cycle
- Experience working in an enterprise-scale SaaS product environment that operates private and public cloud implementations
- Familiarity with B2B cloud development and business concepts such as subscription billing, customer activation, enterprise integration, release management
- Strong technical aptitude – ability to grasp technical concepts and understand the capabilities, impacts, and potential risks of implementing proposed technologies
- Strong cross-group collaboration skills and experience working across multiple teams both within the division and across the company
- Excellent interpersonal, human relations, written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Strong negotiations skills; can influence all levels of the organization and is skilled at leading others to action on key initiatives
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
Travel Requirement: (Use percentages): Travel up to 10%
This job description has been written to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Meet Some of Ultimate Software's Employees
Team Lead, Time Clock Team
As Team Lead, Markese takes care of the time clock needs, whether it’s related to hardware, software, or networking, ensuring customers can utilize the time clock functions without disruption.
Back to top